RELEASED: Build 30.16

EasyPickins

A little update, still version 30.16 since no Lua files changed.

PZCacheDir.png

You can tell the game where to save all the settings/savefiles with this in Steam (instead of C:\Users\Tim\Zomboid for example).  Some people's system drives are smaller SSDs and they don't like filling them with game stuff.

I also optimized something to do with calculating line of sight (actually, tracking which zones are seen) that will have the most impact on servers with lots of players.

THIS IS AWESOME!

Noticed the other day i had around 200 Mo sitting in my multiplayer folder for servers i tried to join once and left after !

Made me salty given limited space on my system drive :Q

The exertion condition bothers me much more ~

I don't know why the player should catch a breath after so short a time. We know you can run for 1km without rest, that what we did in PE class. I think an average statistics should be applied to this condition, like How far can you run without exertion and how long does it needs to be rested.

And It's not like when the exertion icon is gone, and the player runs for another 3-4 seconds, and it comes back. 

No. It can't be like this.

But other newly added functions is amazing :) I like it! Zs in the rooms ! WOW. and Jars and the incoming wonders.

Oh there is another bug... You can still walk into the oven after soooooo many updates.

It's really fun when your scavenge in a kitchen, fridge is solid, cupboard is solid, but you always walk into the oven..

Oh there is another bug... You can still walk into the oven after soooooo many updates.

It's really fun when your scavenge in a kitchen, fridge is solid, cupboard is solid, but you always walk into the oven..

The only ovens I can "walk into" are the ones directly in front of the window and none others (and it is my understanding this is not a bug); however, if all of the ovens in your game are "walk into" then submit a bug report in the other sub-forum.

Small issue since the 30.16 release - Loaded up my old save, Vanilla except for Leo's TWD Prison mod, (latest), and I'm getting these odd shadows now on the map. In one area of shadow, I could even see two stationary Zombies, that only started moving when I got too close:

54yJ4dn.jpg

oWgVoNW.jpg

QsGUS6y.jpg

NUgwl03.jpg

9zFB4MQ.jpg

0YhDMiV.jpg

EVf6T5w.jpg

AXkgVBa.jpg

Anyone else had this issue?

The issue is with updated locations on the world map. Those "shadows" are actually places where the buildings on the "older version" were, indicating that the location of an updated version of the map changed prison's location a little to the upper-left. You'll have to start a new game for this issue to disappear, unfortunately. 

• Fixed indoor zombies never spawning in a room with less than 20 squares.  This was accidentally nerfed back in June!  So closest zombies are back.

holycrapcowmoly - so I knew the above, and I was expecting finding a zed in the upstairs of a house somewheres, and I found one in a bathroom unaware of me and snuck up to for the kill, but never, never even saw his partner approach from the corner until it took a bite out of me.

I'm both loving and hating that game change at this moment.

I lol'd

It happen to me a moment ago at the ware house. I open a door and see a zombie from a distance, calming I approach it and out of no where his friend pop from the corner of the door and try to grab me. I'm always paranoid when opening door, so I hit sprint and dodge it grab and bite. Woot xD

java.lang.NullPointerException
        at zombie.erosion.season.ErosionSeason.dayDiff(ErosionSeason.java:432)
        at zombie.erosion.season.ErosionSeason.setSeasonData(ErosionSeason.java:345)
        at zombie.erosion.season.ErosionSeason.setDay(ErosionSeason.java:270)
        at zombie.erosion.ErosionMain.start(ErosionMain.java:436)
        at zombie.erosion.ErosionMain.<init>(ErosionMain.java:93)
        at zombie.erosion.ErosionGlobals.Boot(ErosionGlobals.java:27)
        at zombie.iso.IsoWorld.init(IsoWorld.java:1057)
        at zombie.network.GameServer.main(GameServer.java:206)

With the release of version 30.16 this bug... It appears every 100 days (+-2 day), if erosion is configured for 100 days. 

But when erosion stands at 20 days, so there is no error. 

However, a similar error occurs in the first days of winter and i have to reset the time. I do not see in the winter on my server.

Sorry for my english. Translator...

• 2 weeks later...

well after playing for 13 hours on this build i love it. but for two issues. even AFTER clearing 90 percent of the map, including the malland the far flung cabins, living off dry fodd and looting,running to next house,rinse repeat,i have totaled 3 jars, 5 lids, 29 vinegar bottles and ZERO sledgehammersplaying survival mode. something about loot spawn seems.....off. i mean no sledge after looting every garage, warehouse, shed, AND the logging co on the map? something isnt right here.

well after playing for 13 hours on this build i love it. but for two issues. even AFTER clearing 90 percent of the map, including the malland the far flung cabins, living off dry fodd and looting,running to next house,rinse repeat,i have totaled 3 jars, 5 lids, 29 vinegar bottles and ZERO sledgehammersplaying survival mode. something about loot spawn seems.....off. i mean no sledge after looting every garage, warehouse, shed, AND the logging co on the map? something isnt right here.

Steam say : I played 45 hours. I loots lots of stuff, many new games, many Multuplayer etc. but never found a Sledgehammer.

I guesst it is very rare.

Did you have the "Unlucky" trait for your character?