Gutrot - Vacation Islands (pre-Alpha 1)

Thuztor

yeah its alot of work and ive hardly scratched the surface. im glad to hear people are helping out with projects this is good. i want to recreate my home town which is rather large but i can reduce the amount of area due to flood zones..my town is on a flood plain and gets hit hard so i was thinking of creating that as a theme for map. This can create challenges for players. the way i see it is there is the higher ground areas that are less effected by the water and than in the flood zone createmaze like cells with narrow paths filled with zombies  u kinda have to go through certain buildings to reach certain areas of the core to get some of that good loot. zombie hotspots. thus creating hidden paths to make it fun for exploration. but lol ive only built like 7 houses before i was like holy crap this is gonna take forever. i was able to test my street which was fun. id be down to make housing packs and send them out but like i said so far 7 haha so it might be a few weeks. but what ive been doing is building template homes hardly furnishing them. i am really interested in creating my own tiles and textures though so i am anxiously waiting for thuztors tutorial if he gets around to it. Hell or high water!! (gonna be title ;)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The roundabout is no more? :(

The textures for the roundabout should still exist, but I need to rework it a bit.

But that have to wait a bit, because I have not much time at the moment, unfortunately.

The Dropbox file doesn't work. A 404 if you will. Any Idea where to snag a current version?

TCO

The Dropbox file doesn't work. A 404 if you will. Any Idea where to snag a current version?

TCO

The link should work now. Don't know, why it was dead.

Also wondering when this will be back up. I'm all for maps that can change the atmosphere of the game or just set in a different "biome".

In the short time after work, I have to find again my muse. :)

But I have not given up my dreams of a zombie infested paradise. :D

TCO

The link should work now. Don't know, why it was dead.

Also wondering when this will be back up. I'm all for maps that can change the atmosphere of the game or just set in a different "biome".

In the short time after work, I have to find again my muse. :)

But I have not given up my dreams of a zombie infested paradise. :D

Appreciate that. Been dying to play this map!

TCO

Any chance you'll be releasing the tileset? I mean, I have it all compiled and can make maps with it already, but I'm pretty sure most people don't have the ability and time to convert the pack files for use in Tilezed. And if you don't get your muse back and eventually drift away from Zomboid, it would be nice to have it available. ^_^

• 1 month later...

Any chance you'll be releasing the tileset? I mean, I have it all compiled and can make maps with it already, but I'm pretty sure most people don't have the ability and time to convert the pack files for use in Tilezed. And if you don't get your muse back and eventually drift away from Zomboid, it would be nice to have it available. ^_^

I actually want to second this notion. The tilesets for the pool and what not would be fantastic!

TCO

• 1 year later...

I'm getting the 'tz_81', 'tz_82' error & crash with the version on the download link on the first page. I'm on PZ build 36.4 (steam). 

This problem: 

Is this still a problem with this map for others? I see that the  PZ bug was found by the devs back in early 2015, and presumably fixed

Edited by ddraigcymraeg

The tileset has the old size and is and will not be updated to the new 2x2 tileset.

With newer versions of the game, the map can cause problems with some textures, probably.

Sorry, but I have no time to renew the tileset and build a whole island.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I would personally love to see this map make a return.

image.png.6b27ae584c11559c460403e7c3780d74.png

I don't personally have the skill to do it alone... But I have all the individual tiles if anyone is interested?
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xHUBFdTtvh5Zur7Aje1_PLZlOfonjiFD/view?usp=sharing

Edit:
Managed to get it up and running in the current build of PZ. Texture errors are the main thing, and a couple of random crashes in certain houses... I can't seem to find the game's error logs... Anyone know where they're kept? Might be able to figure it out, pretty sure it's a texture related thing again.
image.thumb.png.9d7ce694ae14268ee3107785d78cd675.png

Edited by Okamikurainya

• 4 months later...
  • Thuztor changed the title to Gutrot - Vacation Islands (pre-Alpha 1)

Last Friday I thought, summer is near and maybe I get this old tropical map revise and running.

It looks promising! But still a little bit of work is needed, before everybody can test it. Here are some inGame screenshots:

{ On the third picture you'll see the hotel automatically generated as safehouse } :lol:

20210530201144_1.jpg

20210530201335_1.jpg

20210530201536_1.jpg