guitar jack to midi?

Avenger

I don't think that's possible. You need a MIDI controller to send MIDI informations to anything, electric guitars and other electric instruments (except keyboards with MIDI in/out) directly send some sound, just like a voice when you talk into a microphone.

So, I don't think that's possible unless you have a tool/interface able to convert sound into MIDI informations, and I don't even know if that exists ^^ would be cool tho.

EDIT :

It actually exists, just looked for it. There

EDIT 2 :

Yay !

That's actually pretty amazing, I'm glad you asked so I could find this out :D

I'm not sure I understand, you want to plug your guitar in your synth to control your synth ? If the ultimate goal is to have a midi-controller-guitar, I don't think you need to go through your synth, just as described in that youtube video I posted I think. You need Reaper tho (but you can legally use it for free and if you want to support the soft you can pay, that's how they work).
So you don't even need a MIDI-USB or MIDI-Jack cable, only a regular guitar jack with an interface/audio board in which you can plug a regular guitar jack.

This way you could use all the VST & VSTi you're using with your synth, but with your guitar.

If you want to use your synth on your computer, you can use a USB-MIDI cable, that's what I do and never had any trouble with it. except the part where my PC is a potatoe and I can't have too many MIDI tracks at once or I get micro freezes n shiet.
It costs like 10$.

So conclusion, you can use your guitar as a midi controller, you can use your synth as a midi controller, but you can't plug your guitar in your synth.
(And even if you could I don't think that would be any useful, it's overcomplicating the task ;p )

Archived