Note: This has nothing to do with Part 1, except for the fact that it takes place in the same universe, at the same time as Jonathan's adventures. Everything in this journal truly happened, except for things that will be noted at the end of the post, such as (to take an example from the last part,) a dog encounter. I will probably not be adding to this every real-life day, but every in-game day will be written down. If a day is particularly uneventful, I may go through two in-game days in one day in real life, but otherwise I will likely be sticking to one day per day.

Journal 1: My name is Edward Davis. The date is August 23. I am a 27 year old construction worker, with white skin and black hair. I've lived in Muldraugh all my life, venturing into West Point occasionally, but rarely leaving the county. I'm writing this journal in case I don't make it through this, so my story isn't forgotten. Hell, maybe I'll even make it into the history books, should we ever return to civilized people. I lived near the baseball field, just down the street from the Laundromat, in a small, one-story, grey house. It was nice, but it won't do when the dead come knocking, so I decided to grab anything I needed and head off, in search of a better safehouse. I began by heading south, through a housing development. All of these houses were tiny, one-story. None of them looked good as a safehouse. Then I saw it. Cortman Medical. It was two-story, an instant plus, and it looked fairly easy to fortify. Plus, it was probably stocked full of medical supplies, which I would definitely need in the coming days. I opened a window in the examination room and climbed in. Checking the counters, I realized how right I was. I would not be starving for medical supplies any time soon. The building was empty, except for two undead ones on the second floor.

I cleared out the building and then began searching through the upstairs cabinets. Nothing special. Once I dispatched of those two, I dragged their bodies downstairs, I would deal with them tomorrow. I stuffed my perishables in the fridge and began making the cabinets a little more organized. I put my pistol in a closet in the master bed. I had a pistol but no ammo, I had spent it all in the early days, keeping looters away. Funnily enough, I was now the very thing I fought off. Then, at around 8:00, I headed off to bed. Just an average day in the new world of Knox County.

Day 2: I woke up around 4:20. Not too great, but at least it gives me time to rearrange my things. I left the house at 6 and headed to a house across the street. In the closet, I found a hammer. Not much else, so I continued up the street and found a house that must have been under construction. I found a lot of tools and things like that in boxes in the living room. I finished with the street, not finding much else in the rest of the buildings.

The rest of the day was uneventful, I hit one more house, a two-story across the street, then headed back into Cortman. I organized my loot, and decided to indulge myself a little bit, digging into a bottle of whiskey I found in one of the houses. I was never a big drinker, but I figure now is as good a time as any to start. I drained the whole bottle and was drunk for the rest of the night. I'm not sure, but I think I fell asleep around 9:00.

This might be a fairly short run, stupid me put zombies on high, not realizing how many it would create. I'll go as long as I can, but if I die before day 10, then I'll start a new run with a different character.

Stats:

Prof: Construction worker

Traits (Excluding prof. traits):

Light Drinker, Brooding, Short Tempered, Hypochondriac, Strong, Athletic.

Please tell me what you think. Criticism is appreciated, as long as it is CONSTRUCTIVE and not DESTRUCTIVE.

Constructive: Here are some things you could do to improve this -list things-

Destructive: YOU SUCK AND YOU SHOULD GO KILL YOURSELF. STOP WRITING AND UNINSTALL PZ!

Thanks for the encouraging words! I apologize, but I may be taking a break for a little bit, life's gotten pretty busy, and I'm not enjoying PZ as much anymore. I am not abandoning this, but the quality won't be quite as good if I feel like playing PZ every day is a chore. It shouldn't be too long until I'm ready to revisit the world of Post-apocalyptic Muldraugh.

Archived