[Released] Phoenix; Beta 1.3 "Consumerist Ideals" Edition

MonolithicBacon

Hello folks! It's been a long time!

I wanted to make sure that everyone knew what progress was happening on Phoenix, and the short answer is this: not much.

While I am still making plans and making the occasional buildings, at this point the majority of future changes are average civilian homes and houses. With this in mind, I can't help but feel it would be better if I waited for Creative Mode to make dense urban areas with these specific tools, purely in the interest of time!

That being said, I am completely unsure of the limitations of Creative Mode, and whether buildings I make in-game can be added to the workshop version of Phoenix. So, until then, does anybody have any requests for what they would like to see updated soon?

Also, just in case you haven't seen it yet, check out the new shopping and cinema complex!

2015-10-27-00006.jpg

2b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

where's the NON steam version? I'm on GOG version.

Hello!

There is a non-steam version on the first page of this article, with the previous versions. You should be able to download it from mediafire.

Monobaco

the latest 2 or 3 versions are for steam workshop only...

• 2 weeks later...

where's the NON steam version? I'm on GOG version.

Hello!

There is a non-steam version on the first page of this article, with the previous versions. You should be able to download it from mediafire.

Monobaco

the latest 2 or 3 versions are for steam workshop only...

Can you please send the latest info to pz maps so they can update the site...just noticed its out dated.

I am currently working on a new version of Phoenix which will likely change the size of the map again.

Once this update has been released, both the Steam version and the forum version will be updated!

Thanks for your patience!

Okay cool. How will that affect servers like Redboid that are running the current version from the workshop if you're making big changes, do you know? Eg people's bases etc, or will it implode the whole server?

Also, I noticed it fits in nicely next to Bedford which is good, but can you fix it so that the roads align a bit better? Currently its offset by about 30 tiles or so, so I made arrows on the roads to let people know which way to head to continue.

Becuase the map is already established (locations visited at least once by users) on Redboid, it's unlikely updates to the workshop version of the mod will affect us, beyond the creation of the shadow realm / shifted building defs, when lot headers no longer match the map's data itself. We'd have to reset the map, or at least the areas affected by the changes, for it to appear properly, but it's not critical.

Fortunately we're still looking at several weeks, if not a good few months before any changes are made, but while this is in development, I will be using a new Workshop item, so that it will not affect the current version.

Unfortunately, these changes will have to come into effect once Phoenix hits the final release! Unless of course people would rather there be two versions (the first being the original, unchanged and the second being the final version).

• 2 months later...

Hey, just want to report that on the "mall" area, at the 1st floor of the Pizza whirled, 1st floor the building north of Pizza one and 1st floor of the Barg n clothes, the 3 buildings have shelves without floor on them, with warehouse item distribution. 

Edited by EUDOXIO

On 4/22/2016 at 2:13 PM, EUDOXIO said:

Hey, just want to report that on the "mall" area, at the 1st floor of the Pizza whirled, 1st floor the building north of Pizza one and 1st floor of the Barg n clothes, the 3 buildings have shelves without floor on them, with warehouse item distribution. 

Many thanks for finding this! I will attempt to fix it as soon as possible but it may not be released until the new version is ready!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Important info for you if you want this to work properly online with loot:

Hey Hicks, I don't think it will be anything to do with the suburbdistribution.lua as Bedford does not include one or even edit the original.

The first thing you need to check is to make sure all of those maps have "chunkdata.bin" files as well as the ".lotpack" and ".lotheader" files within the map folder. If they don't then the map creator has not re-exported his mod after the changes made to Tilezed about 6 months ago now which fixes respawning. Unfortunately, there's no way for anyone else to put these maps through this process as you need the source files, which only the map makers will have.

I do have these 2 guides on Steam (and somewhere on these forums) which walk map makers through how to update their mods to include the new files:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=534038010

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=534034411

If the map mods you are trying to use do have these files, then the problem could be if they are including their own suburbsdistribution.lua file, try removing them.

Let me know if neither work but im pretty sure it'll be down to one of these 2 things.

Regards.

Ringo.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

This is awesome THANK YOU FOR MAKING THIS! :)

I can only find steam links but I don't have the steam version and it wont let me have the mod :(

Please post a direct link for everyone who has gog version?

you install in /common/maps correct? same folder next to mods? Thanks friend! :D