[Released] Phoenix; Beta 1.3 "Consumerist Ideals" Edition

MonolithicBacon

Still not sure about Phoenix?

Have a little peek at blindcoder's PZ map of Phoenix here!

Points of Interested added for your convenience!

Could you intagrate it to some part of vanilla map? The would be awsome addition

This is planned once we hit beta, which is a few weeks away I'm afraid. I also need to find a spot that it can go in!

Still not sure about Phoenix?

Have a little peek at blindcoder's PZ map of Phoenix here!

Points of Interested added for your convenience!

Could you intagrate it to some part of vanilla map? The would be awsome addition

This is planned once we hit beta, which is a few weeks away I'm afraid. I also need to find a spot that it can go in!

If i were you - this or this place might work you can connect it ti the road so it will look like if it always were there

• 2 months later...

Phoenix is in the Workshop!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=514427485

Please go ahead and subscribe to this much more user-friendly version!

Also, I may have been quiet over these past few months, but updates are coming!

AH, I'm excited! I love to have a variety of city's to go to, would you happen to be including Phoenix into the main map? (maybe to the left of muldraugh and a bit higher and further left than where Bedford Falls is?) if not maybe you could make two different releases? one as a stand alone and one connected? I don't know if that requires a lot of work to do but I figured it could please both parties.

EDIT : Whoops I didnt see that you already answered my question right above, my bad! 

Haha, yeah it's already planned!

However, if anybody happens to know exactly how to integrate a map into the wider world, please let me know!

This is the next major step I would like to take, alongside allowing foraging (which I am still unsure of how to do!).

Nevertheless, thanks for the comments!

I may be a total scrub but I have no idea what to do to be able to play this map let alone host a server with it for my friends after subscribing to it in the workshop.

It doesn't show up in my mods folder nor does it show up in the workshop folder?

It may need time to actually download first. Check Steam to see if it's trying to download the map.

It should eventually appear on the Mods tab in-game, and so long as you tick it, it's playable.

• 4 weeks later...

ohh, uh oh, Should let ya know it does cut off half of bedford falls in-case anyone wants to try playing with both maps :( bummer

Yep, got to alter the filenames to nudge it over a bit . . . Still have to do that for Proving Grounds. :P

Is there a thread that shows you how to do that exactly? I've wanted to learn how to do that for quite sometime now so I could put the vinegrove map and downtown into Muldraugh for a new SP game. (and so I can fix this issue with phoenix & bedford lol).

ohh, uh oh, Should let ya know it does cut off half of bedford falls in-case anyone wants to try playing with both maps :( bummer

Yep, got to alter the filenames to nudge it over a bit . . . Still have to do that for Proving Grounds. :P

Is there a thread that shows you how to do that exactly? I've wanted to learn how to do that for quite sometime now so I could put the vinegrove map and downtown into Muldraugh for a new SP game. (and so I can fix this issue with phoenix & bedford lol).

I wouldn't worry about the merging of Bedford and Phoenix. When I had planned the integration, I didn't realise that it would cause a merge (especially not with Bedford!). My fault for adding extra length to Phoenix!

I will work on moving Phoenix further up the road tonight and reduce and cutoff.

Awesome, thanks! I did happen to make a quick fix for the overlay issue and its very easy. I just installed all my downloaded maps manually and made sure to install phoenix BEFORE Bedford Falls, doing this over wrote the extra length you added onto the map and actually made the ending of phoenix meld straight into the beginning of Bedford, so no need to move it, id just trim off that extra bit to the east :)

Highly appreciated! I'm all about having as many player made maps in my SP games, it just adds so much more to the world. I Was thinking when build 33 hits Id like to combine all player made maps (including those that are not apart with the main map, such as downtown and vinegrove) into one huge map, I think that would be quite awesome haha. However, when the allusive build 33 comes out I'm going to be creating my own map recreating Carroll County Maryland (my home town) as well as other surrounding counties, and i'm going to need help with buildings, ill be making a thread about it tonight or so and if your interested to help id highly appreciate it :) .