[Released] Phoenix; Beta 1.3 "Consumerist Ideals" Edition

MonolithicBacon

It's a great map so far but with minor bugs and missing stuff :)

Missing Stuff:

- Most kitchens have no sinks

- No light switches

- Some stores have no doors

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5749zpd12dafed9/screenshot_10-02-2015_11-23-42.png?dl=0

- Some houses have no doors (interior the rooms are not accessable)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/03ev9ziisjii7ma/screenshot_10-02-2015_10-52-58.png?dl=0

- this fence has no corner

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5749zpd12dafed9/screenshot_10-02-2015_11-23-42.png?dl=0

Bugs:

- Stairs build above a stairs; it's a annoying feature that you can't go down if you place something above beneath a stair. (gladly I found a sledgehammer)

- Vending machines have only two placing positions.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/l6h9jfkk6v5othl/screenshot_10-02-2015_11-21-20.png?dl=0

- Some doors are blocked by funiture

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v8wl5h82kdq8dvg/screenshot_10-02-2015_10-58-19.png?dl=0

Some critic:

Your buildings are really cool (especialy the constructionyard :) ) BUT (no this "but" doesn't mean that your buildings aren't cool ;) ) for me the interior of the resident houses looks a bit generic (too many bookshelfes, for example). I hope you look into this in later releases. Interior stuff is easy to change but takes time.

I like your building style!

Thanks a lot for the support guys!

And to Sieben, you're a gent for so much thorough feedback already! Thank you for putting the effort in.

I will be looking at making a release this time next week with the 0.2 update, so if you notice any other bugs and caveats, let me know before then!

Also, you're image with the missing fence corner is not the right image. If you could let me know I'll try to find it.

I hope you've enjoyed Phoenix so far though! Had the misfortune of exploring the Hospital or the College yet?

Here is the right image

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8u30pkl8ks428xn/screenshot_10-02-2015_10-53-25.png?dl=0

It's a missing stake at the south corner. Sorry, I don't marked it with paint, the next screens will be marked but I hope there won't be much more :) . If I got too close the fence will vanish.

I hope you've enjoyed Phoenix so far though! Had the misfortune of exploring the Hospital or the College yet?

Like I said, the buildings are great and the map itself is flawless :) . I'll venture forth and visit the hospital and college. At the first time I had no clue where I was but with the supermark and the construction yard I've a guide.

Sadly for testing the buildings I used the sandbox "beginners mode", so I'm not afraid of the quarantine zone :( , but later I'll try a harder setting ;)

Got a little problem, my charakter has a broken foot :)

1: The missing corner at the white fence.

2: The House with no interior doors and funiture

3: The blocked door

4: The shop with missing doors

5: The public toilets have no doors; you used the wrong door tiles. This problem is at all toilets where you used the "toiletwall" tiles (the blue furniture ones) :(

6: Not included but please check out the fire/ escape staircase at the building (red big block) in the picture in the north east, maybe the staircase-bug :(

phoenix01.png?dl=0

1: The gas station pillars are open and accessable (should be 4 tiles). In the building editor just make a roomdefinition for this and place room, then you have closed inaccessable pillar.

2: Missing doors and the seccond floor isn't acsessable (don't know why)

3: At the 2nd floor on the north east side you can fall down :( (it was dark, maybe a missing wall)

phoenix02.png?dl=0

I don't think that my current character will make it to the hospital with her broken foot... somehow ironic :D

Edit: These are the buildings I checked so far

checked01.png?dl=0

Edited by Sieben

Damn, Sieben, you're making some fantastic progress.

I actually feel bad that I can't get around to fixing these issues as quickly as I ought to. It looks like this weekend sometime will be optimum. If things go well, Monday will see the release of p-a 0.2.

But seriously, thanks a lot! If only every game had such a productive community! I'll have to make it up to you somehow.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, great map so far!

Just a little bug report:

http://puu.sh/gmdzg/f46c98bd9d.jpg

This buildings stairs are bugged, you can go up all of them but not back down. To get down I vaulted over the stairs but it stopped working on the second floor so I resulted to flinging myself from a window, this then broke my leg, causing me to find another bug. You cannot forage xD

I can tell this will be a great map when its fully polished!

Now to crawl to a safe house :3

Hi there, great map so far!

Just a little bug report:

http://puu.sh/gmdzg/f46c98bd9d.jpg

This buildings stairs are bugged, you can go up all of them but not back down. To get down I vaulted over the stairs but it stopped working on the second floor so I resulted to flinging myself from a window, this then broke my leg, causing me to find another bug. You cannot forage xD

I can tell this will be a great map when its fully polished!

Now to crawl to a safe house :3

Hahahahahahaha

I really shouldn't laugh, but the thought of someone climbing stairs but not being able to walk back down, before resorting to jumping out a window tickled me.

Thanks for reporting this! It appears that I fixed the staircases of the buildings which are mirrored from this original, but not this one!

An update will be coming soon.

Thanks for reporting in, and I hope you find somewhere with crutches!

• 3 weeks later...

We're at Alpha!

To coincide with the release of Manbearpig's First Look at Phoenix, progress has been made to recommend Phoenix for public release. While far from finished, Phoenix is now tested and playable, but there are a number of elements missing (including integration into the vanilla map and foraging).

However, for those who want a new challenge, this is for you! Check out the video below to see just what Phoenix has in store.

ManBearPig's First Looks at Phoenix:

For more information, check out the first post!

Thanks for those who have played so far. Your feedback and balance would be perfect!

• 4 weeks later...

one small issue I had at one of the houses just north of the quarantine zone. I was climbing the staircase and ended up on the roof, before falling down and breaking my leg.

That's a very odd one! My apologies if this has broken the experience! Could you point out to me which of the houses did this? I can get around to a fix pretty soon.

That's a very odd one! My apologies if this has broken the experience! Could you point out to me which of the houses did this? I can get around to a fix pretty soon.

if leaving the quarantine zone from the exit by the police station, you follow the road to the first intersection (at the playground outside the fence) and turn right (in relation to the character.) You keep walking until you get to the group of houses. The house in question is the first or second house on the right (in relation to the character.)

Don't worry about breaking my immersion, I was supposed to be working anyway and it was kind of funny anyway :)

Found it and fixed it!

The culprit was a shelf placed on the wall at the top of the staircase, which for some reason negates the floor existing there. It looks as though there's a floor, but it doesn't behave that way.

Thanks for the shout, by the way! This could have been tricky to find.

The map will be updated within the week with some major changes to the quarantine zone.

Found it and fixed it!

The culprit was a shelf placed on the wall at the top of the staircase, which for some reason negates the floor existing there. It looks as though there's a floor, but it doesn't behave that way.

Thanks for the shout, by the way! This could have been tricky to find.

The map will be updated within the week with some major changes to the quarantine zone.

You're welcome. I'll let you know if i find anything else.

• 2 weeks later...

Alpha 1.1 "Long Road Ahead" Edition

- Major update to entire map, extending from 3x3 cells, to 3x5 cells.

- Quarantine zone extended and populated with gunstore, toolstore, newsagents, police station, hairdressers, clothes stores and several apartment buildings.

- Water treatment facility added to north-west.

- Room definitions throughout have been fixed, but more are continuing to cause issues.

- Spawn points have been reset.

- Fuel has been added to mechanics and petrol stations.

- Logging company added to industrial sector.

- Balcony of death has been removed from warehouse.

- Several visual glitches removed.

- Zombie spawn map adapted to make particular areas extremely high-risk. No spoilers here - you'll find them.

Many thanks to all who have played and tested this map so far! Hopefully this latest version will be a more robust and immersive experience for all!

In future updates we will be looking at fixing foraging, map-integration with the rest of the world, and completing any further housing developments in the north and south corners.

Stay tuned!

• 2 weeks later...