Vegetarian Trait

Frying Pan

I'm both in agreement and disagreement with your idea.

The trait sounds like a nice enough idea, it'd probably give a bonus to the boredom and unhappiness substraction that prepared food already gives, and give a small base bonus for unprepared vegetables and fruit. A penalty to boredom and unhappiness would have course be logical for meat then...

Being unable to eat meat is a dumb idea though, since we're aiming for realism, and sudden inability to ingest a certain kind of food might be a little... problematic, if your only viable strategy for survival is to eat a can of dog food, which you physically can't because of a trait.

Having the trait for character flavour would be cool though.

I'm both in agreement and disagreement with your idea.

The trait sounds like a nice enough idea, it'd probably give a bonus to the boredom and unhappiness substraction that prepared food already gives, and give a small base bonus for unprepared vegetables and fruit. A penalty to boredom and unhappiness would have course be logical for meat then...

Being unable to eat meat is a dumb idea though, since we're aiming for realism, and sudden inability to ingest a certain kind of food might be a little... problematic, if your only viable strategy for survival is to eat a can of dog food, which you physically can't because of a trait.

Having the trait for character flavour would be cool though.

I think the upper idea merges good with yours. Getting sick and unhappy from meat sounds even better.

Realistically even a vegatarian would eat meat in a situation like we're presented. Human's are omnivores, like it or not. But as for your trait I would think it's too OP in the current build of the game, mostly because it's far too easy to get a steady supply of edible plant life. Maybe once there are more ways to get fresh meats/jerky you could add this along with a carnivore trait which provides a similar effect for meat.