Fish tank

Jack Bower

I would love to have a coy pond. I would then like to transfer fish that I caught in a bucket of water to my coy pond. This would allow me to keep fresh fish inside my compound.

Sure not all fish would live for long in a coy pond, but they'll stay alive longer than without it!

What does a coy pond look like? lol Is it just like a pond that's shy? //shot

sorry for my grammar nazism but I definitely agree. It could be like a way to maybe breed fish far away from lakes, which is what I really want right now, as I am based in the center of Muldraugh, and don't want to have to travel super far to get fish.

It would be calming when you're panicked, allieviate boredom....  if zombies walked through your pond maybe the water could get polluted and kill all the fish ... you could feed your fish worms, maybe even right-click on them and give them names ... this could be a great mini-game for people that have built the perfect base and have little to do except wait to die of ennui ..

I am for it. It could also be a way to get water or help plants grow nearby it like cattails. Cattails are actually edible too so it would be an extra help. It would need to be cleaned so it wouldn't attract bugs like mosquitoes if they ever get implemented. provided food and water (After purifying it) but would take time, work, and could cause disease or illness.

Has anyone ever heard of Aquaculture? It's an advanced form of agriculture where you create a bit of an ecosystem in which plants feed off the waste in the water generated by the fish. The nitrogen and ammonia, I believe. It would be pretty cool if you could take a small pond and create an aquaculture habitat for some of your plants.

wouldn't it die then since decapitation kills zombies?

Destroying the brain kill zombies, decapitation just makes the body dead(er), as long as the brain is intact, the head itself would still be 'alive' until somebody started playing baseball with it.

I'm going to suggest that this is not the case in traditional Romero/Brooks lore (as used by TIS).

Certainly in 'dirty' lore, such as that of The Walking Dead, a decapitation itself does not kill a zombie, and without researching it further, I would assume it is primarily the destruction of the frontal lobe which 'puts down' a Walker (based on they type of attacks considered effective in the TV series).

Traditional lore dictated that the brain stem could also be damaged or destroyed to be certain the zombie wasn't getting back up again (as opposed to the frontal lobe). This was usually achieved by a downward angle pierce through the eye socket, or an upward stab from the base of the skull or below the chin.

More specifically, modern research in fatal gunshots and penetrations to the head have shown that anything penetrating the spinal column above the third thoracic vertebrae will result in instant death (and many have speculated this would convert to the destruction of a zombie). That's well below the 'end' of the brain stem, which is up around the third or fourth cervical vertebrae.

That't quite a long way down from the head that penetration of the spinal column can be instantly fatal, I'd say with reasonable certainty that decapitation would indeed lay a zombie to rest. The third thoracic vertebrae is approximately in line with the bottom of a collarbone - 4 to 6 vertebrae lower that what would be considered a clean decapitation!

That's my over-simplified technical opinion on why decapitation would be one of several injuries fatal to a Romero/Brooks zombie, anyway.

Destroying the brain kill zombies, decapitation just makes the body dead(er), as long as the brain is intact, the head itself would still be 'alive' until somebody started playing baseball with it.

I'm going to suggest that this is not the case in traditional Romero/Brooks lore (as used by TIS).

Certainly in 'dirty' lore, such as that of The Walking Dead, a decapitation itself does not kill a zombie, and without researching it further, I would assume it is primarily the destruction of the frontal lobe which 'puts down' a Walker (based on they type of attacks considered effective in the TV series).

Traditional lore dictated that the brain stem could also be damaged or destroyed to be certain the zombie wasn't getting back up again (as opposed to the frontal lobe). This was usually achieved by a downward angle pierce through the eye socket, or an upward stab from the base of the skull or below the chin.

More specifically, modern research in fatal gunshots and penetrations to the head have shown that anything penetrating the spinal column above the third thoracic vertebrae will result in instant death (and many have speculated this would convert to the destruction of a zombie). That's well below the 'end' of the brain stem, which is up around the third or fourth cervical vertebrae.

That't quite a long way down from the head that penetration of the spinal column can be instantly fatal, I'd say with reasonable certainty that decapitation would indeed lay a zombie to rest. The third thoracic vertebrae is approximately in line with the bottom of a collarbone - 4 to 6 vertebrae lower that what would be considered a clean decapitation!

That's my over-simplified technical opinion on why decapitation would be one of several injuries fatal to a Romero/Brooks zombie, anyway.

Day of the dead (1985) shows that Romero lore lets a zombie carry on being undead after being decapitated. (And even having it's skull removed, as long as the brain is still intact.)

If this is over-simplified, then my posts would be considered to be on par with a 1st graders (nothing against 1st graders).

How did a thread about fish tanks turn into debating whether or not a zombie dies when decapitated?

For the record, though, according to Brooks lore(I don't know Romero lore) you must destroy the white matter of the brain in order to "kill" a zombie. Anything else will be ineffective from a killing standpoint.