Smashable Walls

MonolithicBacon

Hey gents! So, here's a fresh problem for you.

I've been making buildings recently to get a feel for the designer, and I've come across an issue.

In some of the modern buildings (the one pictured below is based on a financial centre near where I work) I have glass walls. These are the full-windows that I have placed on the window layer.

However, the pillars that you can see on the image also have the exact same characteristics.

The character here has the option to break one open, and the wall next to him has already been "smashed". This is the same on all walls on the exterior on the building, but only on this same face of the walls. The other sides do not share the same issue.

What confuses me is that they are built on the "wall" layer.

Any ideas why this might be happening? I imagine I'm making a rookie move somewhere!

2015-01-07_00001.jpg

The layers themselves have no function tied to them afaik (I think floor is an exception?) But the tiles themselves are defined in the tiledefintions. You should actually preferably place those windows using the wall or room tools. They already have the window effects tied to them regardless of what layer you put them in. The window layer is mostly reserved for actual window tiles.

You should place all walls, furniture and basically everything that's possible in the iso mode in the building editor. Everything ( well almost :D) there is already set up to work correctly. If you play around with the tile mode too much you're going to get some weird stuff happening once in a while...

All that considered, I'm not sure that should be happening. I'm not sure if it's actually a bug in the tiledefinitions. You should take a look at the tiledefinitions. In Tiled go to Tools -> Tile properties and open the newtiledefinitions.tile. There you can see all of the properties attached to a tile and edit them for your map.

So you were absolutely right about it being best to use the room and wall tools, but unfortunately this issue has still not been fixed.

The "west" walls have no extra properties, but if they are in any way connected to one of these glass panels, they become breakable. From what I can tell, this is also only something that happens on the ground floor.

I'll mark as solved for now, so thanks again!

I'm opening a new post to show off the results.