Want to host a game with few friends. Is there anything i need to know more?

FreedomFighter

No not really.

If your not happy on how the game is set up, well than start a new server / game and try a different setting.

Just keep in mind, if you have a changing IP adress. Just rename the folder, to keep on playing after you shut down and started the server a few days later again.

No not really.

If your not happy on how the game is set up, well than start a new server / game and try a different setting.

Just keep in mind, if you have a changing IP adress. Just rename the folder, to keep on playing after you shut down and started the server a few days later again.

Could you please explain that again? I believe I do have a dynamic IP although it hasn't changed yet in my own private friends server. What exactly do I have to do if my IP changes?

Under Windows - User you got the Zomboid folder, there is "multiplayer" and a folder with the IP address. Just rename that folder with the actual IP address you have at that day.

And of course, everyone has to rename it, and use the new IP address to connect in-game.

Quite easy.

Ah, alright :) Thanks a ton! I imagine this is something the *others* have to do, as my as the host use the internal IP or localhost to play. But awesome to know!

Cheers!

Under Windows - User you got the Zomboid folder, there is "multiplayer" and a folder with the IP address. Just rename that folder with the actual IP address you have at that day.

And of course, everyone has to rename it, and use the new IP address to connect in-game.

Quite easy.

Glad i made this thread so i don't miss this kind of information. Me also, have dynamic IP on each time i boot up my laptop.