Position-based Teamspeak Plugin and/or VON?

Talksintext

If anyone's used TFR or ACRE for Arma, you know exactly what I want: a plugin that plays TS voice chat in the game, altering its channel and volume based on your position in the world relative to the speaker. Or just a standard VON direct-chat capability.

So, if you're 1m away, the sound plays 100%. If you're 25m away, it's a barely audible whisper out of the right channel (if he's to your right).

If you're 30m away, maybe it's a distance cutoff so you hear nothing.

I don't think it'd be that hard to do, but then I haven't done it :P It's a common feature for just about any MP game, so I think it's a must-have for this.

You can always ditch TeamSpeak and just use a VON method. TS just makes it cleaner and is a better option in my experience, but VON makes it so everyone is sure to hear even if they're not on TS.

I would think it would be relatively easy to do at least through TS, which wouldn't require adding a bunch of VON code.

You basically send the TS plugin the world position of each player's avatar (or allow it to ask for it, whatever), then the plugin uses that to figure out distance and direction, then uses that to alter the volume and channel volume ratio.

I could knock out the plugin distance/direction alterations in 15min (some basic trig is all that's required). The only tricky bit is hooking it into the game. I don't know how to do that.