What's happening in your world?

treoni

I tend to keep the same game and just start new characters in the same world .... I had a giant fort mostly built around Twiggy's Bar, but had died and was just restarting .... made a female who was Lucky, Resilient, and Tough .... >snort< .. yah that worked out ... so with Sandbox set to Starter Pack .. AND >Lucky< ..  I start with no water, no food, no weapon, no backpack, not even a shirt ... all I've got is pants and shoes in a fancy 2 story house that has nothing in it but books, and nails and a single orange in the fridge (ignoring the dead rotten rat and other rotten food) ... and to top it all off .... I'm not positive but think I re-started in New Bedford .... about as far as possible to be away from my fort at Twiggy's Bar

found a poolcue ..... and zombies ... RUN

3 houses later ... and a house alarm ... broke my poolcue and got scratched ... I've found a golf club, and medical bag

6 houses later .... I've finally found a water bottle, hammer, and a hiking bag ...
I'm still alive ... most of my medical supplies are gone, the scratch on my neck is no longer bleeding, but I'm out of food again

it's February, it's cold, and doesn't seem to ever stop raining ....

this is what's happening in my world ...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess they did what they wanted as far as survival mode goes (kill you before you get to have any fun). But in my testing runs it seems getting scratched has a higher chance of being zombified then what I heard it being set at 25% here are my five test runs.

1 scratched...died (13 days)

2 scratched and died (6 days)

3 scratched and lived but then biten and died (4 months 17 days)

4 scratched and died (24 days)

5 scratched twice and died (2 months 3 days)

I have a old save that's at almost 8 months she's survived 8 scratches but haven't played it til I tested the new build. What even more sad is here's my friends runs on the new build.

1 scratched and died at 8 days

2 scratched and died 15 days

3 scratched and died 1 month 1 day

The new first aid stuff is great cause I raid the doctor's office first so I'm all set. But why turn the chance of a scratch from a zombie killing you up so high? It can't be all bad luck because the numbers don't match odds that people say.

I doubt a Dev will answer this but were the odds raised?

I guess they did what they wanted as far as survival mode goes (kill you before you get to have any fun). But in my testing runs it seems getting scratched has a higher chance of being zombified then what I heard it being set at 25% here are my five test runs.

1 scratched...died (13 days)

2 scratched and died (6 days)

3 scratched and lived but then biten and died (4 months 17 days)

4 scratched and died (24 days)

5 scratched twice and died (2 months 3 days)

I have a old save that's at almost 8 months she's survived 8 scratches but haven't played it til I tested the new build. What even more sad is here's my friends runs on the new build.

1 scratched and died at 8 days

2 scratched and died 15 days

3 scratched and died 1 month 1 day

The new first aid stuff is great cause I raid the doctor's office first so I'm all set. But why turn the chance of a scratch from a zombie killing you up so high? It can't be all bad luck because the numbers don't match odds that people say.

I doubt a Dev will answer this but were the odds raised?

I think that one of the devs mentioned that bites are now 100% death instead of 96%, but then again they really like to mess with our heads when anyone asks about zombification. I'm not sure if the death from scratches was increased, but surviving 8 scratches in a row should be about 10% chance while dieing from a single scratch 25%... It's all chance, so be thankful when you get lucky and learn to move on (after a sufficient amount of spewing out curse words).

Started a new game..in this one I started in Muldraugh not far from the Doctor's office. I've looted it and every warehouse plus the logging camp..smashing crates and all. 4 axes, 2 shotguns (didn't find any guns at the police station) and 2 pistols. It's day 36 and I'm at West Point now I can pass between towns without seeing a zombie. Well not counting all the dead ones littering the road.

I have every tool I could ever want and a big hiking bag full of shotgun shells waiting at home...once I get it I'll hit the hardware store in WP. I've adjusted how I play to counter the update..stay away from tight places and from going upstairs to loot. That is how I end up getting hurt so now I just loot houses for food and books.

It's hard for me to just play safe but once I get my base built in WP I might just do it to show the Devs they need to stack the game against us even more  (clyde)