What's happening in your world?

treoni

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't help but notice it seems you have carrots outside. Have they changed them enough to where the rain won't constantly kill them outdoors like it does(used?) to do to radishes?

I grew carrots outside as well. I think they must have changed something because they were always overwatered, but the plants never died. Maybe the health of the plant just determines the crop yeild now? I don't have a lot of experience with them I just figured after that one crop they weren't worth it.

I grew carrots outside as well. I think they must have changed something because they were always overwatered, but the plants never died. Maybe the health of the plant just determines the crop yeild now? I don't have a lot of experience with them I just figured after that one crop they weren't worth it.

Health always determined the crop yield at the end. But yeah, if they no longer die from overwatering that makes them......kinda useful? Potatoes are simply overwhelmingly better at the moment, but it might be worth toying around with them now that they don't need to be planted indoors.

Been alive 2 years 11 months.

Waiting on NPCs.

Something to change up my super fortress.

I have an idea! When NPC's are implemented, why not build your own community! With your own rules! And eyepatch with fitting zombie daughter! :D

I like the sound of that :D Althought I would rather be a sherif's deputy with a non-zombie son so I can yell CORRAAAALLLL!!!

We both would. But knowing us we'd chain that kid to the goddamn wall!

If you fancy Roleplaying a bit then there's always this: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/6249-the-walking-dead-prison-v2-tv-show-updated/

Someone made the prison. As authentic as can be done. Now all we need is a server and enough people to re-enact the place! :D

Can't help but notice it seems you have carrots outside. Have they changed them enough to where the rain won't constantly kill them outdoors like it does(used?) to do to radishes?

umm, dont know what you mean!

Are you meant to plant carrots indoors?   That would seem odd to me.  I could understand Tomatoes needing to be indoors but not carrots, my family had an allotement when I was young and carrots were definatly grown outside :D

In anycase.. yea, I do grow them outside and havent had many issues.

Are you meant to plant carrots indoors?   That would seem odd to me.  I could understand Tomatoes needing to be indoors but not carrots, my family had an allotement when I was young and carrots were definatly grown outside :D

In older builds carrots and radishes would lose a ton of health for being over watered......and had to be grown indoors for that reason. Guess that has changed now though if your successfully growing them outside.

In older builds carrots and radishes would lose a ton of health for being over watered......and had to be grown indoors for that reason. Guess that has changed now though if your successfully growing them outside.

oh I see!

I did wonder if there was an 'over watering' mechanic.  I must admit my carrots do seem more prone to pest and disease, so I will test if they are better under cover.

thanks

(off-topic) Just glanced at a comment about TWD the governor and the little girl. Is that his daughter? That makes the comic so much darker...

Yup. The zombified girl he has locked away is his biological daughter. Do mind I only watch the tv series. So I don't know how accurate to the comics it is. Oh and I haven't watched the latest season yet!

Just started a new game with the latest build. I have found loot to be very sparse. I spent so much time looking for an axe to fortify a house that I have ended up woefully behind on stockpiling food and getting my farm going. Lost power and water so I am going hungry most days, but my first crops are about to be ready to harvest so I should make it.

4 months and 21 days and I'm pissed...feeling cheated as hell.  By the game the zombies shouldn't have even touch me...his hand wasn't even close to my leg. Now I know people will rag me for venting but this is the second time this shit has happened the first time was at 3 months 15 days and the zombie was biting air about a full space away from me  :mad:  

What pisses me off the most is this last time I started with just a butter knife and no food in my house lol I fought hard to stay alive killing over 1600 zeds only to be killed by a zed that wasn't even close enough to touch me. Yes I take chances always fighting them and not caring about the odds the devs throw at me. But this has never happened till now...

Devs you all are doing a great job on this game and while not a game maker I understand it's hard to make the visual of a game spot on. You have made the game at least in survival mode a little harder from how it use to be. Please keep up the great work :)

With that all said I debate....should I start a new game or just play my old save in which finding a zombie in West Point is like trying to find a axe. LOL 8 months and over 4000 zombies killed.. I own the town :P

And I'm dead.  I thought I should get some medical supplies.  Was fighting one zombie and a second came up behind me and got in a bite.  1 month 19 hours.  Pretty pathetic.

That's not bad :) was you inside... cause they give sneaky like that died like that a couple of times

And I'm dead.  I thought I should get some medical supplies.  Was fighting one zombie and a second came up behind me and got in a bite.  1 month 19 hours.  Pretty pathetic.

That's not bad :) was you inside... cause they give sneaky like that died like that a couple of times

Nope outside.  Generally I hear them coming, or at least have a quick second to sprint away, but she just came up and bit before I even realized it.

See this is why I changed my game so I can't get infected.

Laugh if you want but I find it even more silly here we are fighting hordes of zombies when WE KNOW one bite and were done for, yet we still have zero armor options in game. I mean really who in this zombie apocalypse would be like "Should I wear the heavy carhart jacket with the thick overalls and thick leather gloves or should I go with the jeans+t-shirt combo... Yeah lets go with the jeans and tee otherwise I'll sweat my ass off!!".

Nope outside.  Generally I hear them coming, or at least have a quick second to sprint away, but she just came up and bit before I even realized it.

Was it a fast one cause she just got me :(   came from the side and clawed me. Game started me with a butter knife a can of dog food, can of beans lol no can opener and 2 leaks.  4 days and 7 hours and I had just found the holy frying pan and was testing it's powers in the front yard.... just wasn't playing it safe enough.

See this is why I changed my game so I can't get infected.

Laugh if you want but I find it even more silly here we are fighting hordes of zombies when WE KNOW one bite and were done for, yet we still have zero armor options in game. I mean really who in this zombie apocalypse would be like "Should I wear the heavy carhart jacket with the thick overalls and thick leather gloves or should I go with the jeans+t-shirt combo... Yeah lets go with the jeans and tee otherwise I'll sweat my ass off!!".

When the game starts it's undies (yes I'd love to craft body armor  (tophat))   but I can't play safe even when in my undies because....THOSE ZOMBIE BASTARDS HAVE TO DIE!!  :twisted:  The Devs want me to die so I play their game....but I just flip it and hunt zombies (clyde)  Then after I kill ever zombie I can find I'll be happy.

When the game starts it's undies (yes I'd love to craft body armor  (tophat))   but I can't play safe even when in my undies because....THOSE ZOMBIE BASTARDS HAVE TO DIE!!  :twisted:  The Devs want me to die so I play their game....but I just flip it and hunt zombies (clyde)  Then after I kill ever zombie I can find I'll be happy.

I hear you and completely understand hold on a sec... Just gotta take my jacket off my character is starting to get dehydrated, we wouldn't want tha.. Shit!! Did a zombie just bite me!? *kills random creeper zombie*

Son of a... yep zombie bit me alright! Well at least I still got a full bottle of water since I took off my jacket in time! *does a victory dance*

4 months and 21 days and I'm pissed...feeling cheated as hell.  By the game the zombies shouldn't have even touch me...his hand wasn't even close to my leg. Now I know people will rag me for venting but this is the second time this shit has happened the first time was at 3 months 15 days and the zombie was biting air about a full space away from me  :mad:  

What pisses me off the most is this last time I started with just a butter knife and no food in my house lol I fought hard to stay alive killing over 1600 zeds only to be killed by a zed that wasn't even close enough to touch me. Yes I take chances always fighting them and not caring about the odds the devs throw at me. But this has never happened till now...

Devs you all are doing a great job on this game and while not a game maker I understand it's hard to make the visual of a game spot on. You have made the game at least in survival mode a little harder from how it use to be. Please keep up the great work :)

With that all said I debate....should I start a new game or just play my old save in which finding a zombie in West Point is like trying to find a axe. LOL 8 months and over 4000 zombies killed.. I own the town :P

There is a possibility this happened because your system is a bit outdated. I don't know what you have. So I'm just taking a superwild guess. Or its a small glitch in the code?

Fort Black Country's construction begins...

I forgot you could paint stuff! Rad!

Oh! Also one of my little digital babies survived a bite last week! Probably not a 100% chance for infection from bites, I guess, unless it was a bug.

Edited by Footmuffin

In my 4 months save i have an old safehouse in ML and recetly i  estabilished myself  in the few shops just outside the other city,where i have anything i need. But today i've gone outside my fort to search a  demolition hammer. So i found a pub (twiggy) and immediately after i open the window the alarm start to ring. 
I  had 40+ bullets for the shotgun,a fireaxe which i can use perfectly  and several bats so instead of running  away i've gone to the second floor and waited thinking that i could handle it. Baaad decision.  
They were way toooo much and once finished the shells i tried with the axe and eventually cleaned the  second floor. Bu when i tried to go down the stairs i've  seen TONS of them. My only chance was to  get out of the windows which i did obviusly breaking my leg. So i ran so slow when there were some just after me. 

I can believe i've survived .
Love this game

In my 4 months save i have an old safehouse in ML and recetly i  estabilished myself  in the few shops just outside the other city,where i have anything i need. But today i've gone outside my fort to search a  demolition hammer. So i found a pub (twiggy) and immediately after i open the window the alarm start to ring. 

I  had 40+ bullets for the shotgun,a fireaxe which i can use perfectly  and several bats so instead of running  away i've gone to the second floor and waited thinking that i could handle it. Baaad decision.  

They were way toooo much and once finished the shells i tried with the axe and eventually cleaned the  second floor. Bu when i tried to go down the stairs i've  seen TONS of them. My only chance was to  get out of the windows which i did obviusly breaking my leg. So i ran so slow when there were some just after me. 

I can believe i've survived .

Love this game

You lucky son of a female canine.

I once, after freshly starting a new game, went into a house. Setting of the alarm.

In my stupidity I decided to just snatch everything, since I just started, and to run after that.

Needless to say I got grabbed in the kitchen and subscequently eaten.