[Journal] Been keeping these in-game

Strider

Day 12, I think

First journal entry. Lots to report. I've found on old farm house on the outskirts of town. I've managed to do a good job of fortifying it, if I do say so myself but as ever, lifte is never simply for Gregory Howard, I always have to do everything the hard way.

I was building a walkway across from the farmhouse to the workshed. I think it should provide me with an alternative means of escape as there seems to be an awful lot of the bastards. The problem is whilst checking where the flooring ended I slipped and fell to the floor below. 

below. I think my leg is fractured but I've managed to make myself a simply splint.

I'm in less pain now which I'm taking as a good sign. I don't want to take pain killers unless I have to, those things are addictive.

Since the fall my state of mind has become much worse. I think there is a bottle of whiskey around the house. I hate whiskey but I've done a lot of hard work, lets call this reward and be done with it. Now where did I put it?

Day 13. - Morning

Never realized how much this journal was helping but my spirits are much higher today. or maybe I like whiskey more than I thought.

Gonna have to go out and get some wood to start a fire. Too damn cold in here. It won't be helping my leg. Bit of a risk as I can't run to...well save my life.

II got the fire started. I placed a propane tank in the fire to see if it would explain. Boredom is really setting in now. When it didn't explode, I just left it where it was.....

I had my first cooked food for 13 days today. I burnt my mouth I ate it so quickly and I didn't care. 

I forgot to mention. My cabbages and potatoes are coming along nicely. I have no idea how the frost has not killed them. I think I've enough soup & beans to see me for a while but even still, how haven't they died, it's absolutely freezing. Could this be linked to this disaster somehow. I don't care, some fresh veg will do me no harm.

I just heard a rifle shot. I nearly shit myself. I knew there would be others still alive.

Foraging has been a successful. I've not been able to do anything for days but when I was I was able to make some simple tools. I've still tools left but I know they'll break eventually so it's good to know I can make some replacements.

Archived