Clothing and Armor, Windows,Skills, Hygiene, and more.

mieksta

I looked at the list and saw that armor was in the maybe category, but here's my idea for it:

I think that all clothes should provide some sort of protection against scratches and bites. I also think coats should be added for the winter months. I think adding sports gear(Football, hockey, or lacrosse pads) that functioned as armor would be realistic and make the game more fun. I also think there should be some improvised armor options as well such as some sort of layered cloth or leather armor. Bullet proof vests should be added in places like the police station and bank once NPCs are added.

Another thing that I think would make sense in the game is clothing decay. Currently all you need is one pair of clothes and you're fine. Clothes don't have much value. It would be cool if zombies damaged your clothing when they grabbed you. It would also be cool if you had to wash all the blood and gore off of your clothes(it'd give bleach some value). There could be a penalty such as NPCs being uncomfortable around you and increased chance of infection when wearing blood-soaked clothing.

Windows:

There should be an option to clear the glass from a busted window. Maybe it takes about 10 minutes so you can't do it while you're running from a group of zombies.

It'd also be nice if at a certain you could take windows out of a wall and use them for your base.

Skills:

Once NPCs come out, it'd make sense to add some social skills such as bartering, intimidation, and persuasion. A higher bartering level would make you get better deals, while a high intimidation level would allow you to shake down a survivor or tough talk group of raiders out of robbing you. Higher Persuasion would allow you to talk NPCs into joining you more easily.

Hygiene:

There's soap, toothepaste, and bleach in the game. Currently they just take up space. It would be realistic if you had to clean yourself and your clothes and your base. There could be a negative moodle for living in filth that mad you more prone to sickness and lowered your mood. The positive moodle for cleaning yourself off could make your mood higher. There could also be a trait that makes the character not give a fuck how dirty anything is and a clean freak trait that makes the character panic when dirty or in a messy area for a long period of time.

Uses for bleach: Cleaning clothes, Cleaning up blood spatter, tastes like rootbeer

Uses for soap: Clean your body, Clean up blood spatter

Unarmed skill:

This one's a long shot. It's be pretty badass a more indepth unarmed combat system was added. The ability to punch, kick, and grapple, would be awesome.

More Ranged options:

Currently all the ranged weapons are loud guns. The list said that bows would be added which is great, but I also think the ability to throw rocks and other items would be cool. Also adding things like a sling or slingshot and throwing spears would be pretty awesome.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Sorry if any of this stuff has been said before.

Hygiene:

There's soap, toothepaste, and bleach in the game. Currently they just take up space. It would be realistic if you had to clean yourself and your clothes and your base. There could be a negative moodle for living in filth that mad you more prone to sickness and lowered your mood. The positive moodle for cleaning yourself off could make your mood higher. There could also be a trait that makes the character not give a fuck how dirty anything is and a clean freak trait that makes the character panic when dirty or in a messy area for a long period of time.

Uses for bleach: Cleaning clothes, Cleaning up blood spatter, tastes like rootbeer

Uses for soap: Clean your body, Clean up blood spatter

Hygiene has already been nixed by the Devs, though blood cleanup is a WIP:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting-unofficial/

Key

[n] - This is a confirmed 'No' from the development team. Please don't waste your time or ours reposting unless there's something relevant and new about it

[n]    Personal Hygiene (going to the bathroom, etc.)

• 1 year later...

I agree that all clothing should have armor protection. For example blouses protect the arms better than vests. Clothing should mostly affect scratches; bites should always be very, very bad - though *armor* itself could protect against them, clothing really shouldn't

Clothing can also give offensive benefits. For example hiking boots would make it much easier to stomp zombie skulls.

Leatherworking could make it so late-game you're a zombie-slaying tank; boiled leather armor, jackboots, gauntlets. Epic.

Hygiene as a non needed thing but to help add some stuff would be cool. Adding brushing teeth to help prevent illnesses (as mouth illnesses increased other illnesses too) and cleaning clothes could tie in with a smell mechanic or with NPC's add some sort of suspicion or increase friendliness. cause you find someone who smells like roses vs the guy that smells like corpses i could see the choice being obvious now. Plus more weapons and unarmed combat is a must for NPC's and hunting.