Automatic Mapping Error: No rules file found

MonolithicBacon

It's me again!

So, I've one against encountered an issue on TileZed when attempting to stamp road lines. While right-clicking to create the stamp works, as soon as I place it with the left-click creates this following error:

screen4.jpg

So, in true novice style, I coped the rules.txt file across into the folder where the map is, because that's what it asked for. The following image shows you the result:

screen3.jpg

So, naturally, I'm out of ideas!

This is not an experience-breaking issue; I can continue working, but it does slow me down.

Please let me know if you have any ideas!

MonoBaco

Go to your tools/TileZed -folder. Then open up the config.exe. Then put down the directory where that config.exe is located. This should fix your errors.

While this did need doing (for some reason, the config wasn't looking where it was supposed to), this error still appears. It's trying to search through my map folder for these files, but I'm not sure what's telling it to.

Any more ideas?

Sorry to be a pain!

Btw you should do road lines with the specific tool! It's much easier. You can draw long straight lines easily. It's the "Draw Edge" -tool next to the pick tile.

But try this: go to Edit->Preferences and select the Automapping tab I think that the automapping box is checked for you. Uncheck the box if it is.

Hopefully it works!