Illustrastrated Playthrough

mieksta

So, I did a playthrough and lasted 8 days. It was pretty action packed and as a little challenge to my artistic and story writing abilities I've decided to turn it into a comic book style, uh, thing. As of now I'm doing the writing and here's the protagonist's death.

Day 8

9:30pm: Death

After fighting his way through the trailer park and a half a neighborhood, Micheal comes across a place to rest. He still wasn't having any luck finding thread to stitch up a deep cut he was unlucky enough to have gotten. The infection wasn't too bad one dous of alchohol and it cleared right up, the blood loss was the real problem.  After 3 days of going about his business he realized he'd have to stitch it up. All the lifting, smashing, and running was bleeding him dry.

Mike tiptoes near the big, white house he'd have to crash in if he hoped to find some medical thread. He makes a mental note of the two zeds quitely moaning near the back door. He tiptoes behind the nearest one, a woman who had managed to hold on to her purse despite all the calamity and decay. He raises his bat above his head and brings it down through her skull. She falls to floor with an audible thud. The other zombie a middle-aged, potbellied man moans and stumbles towards him.

Our hero loads up to swing, and waits. Thump, thump, thump. This one looks significantly more decayed than most of the other zombies. Thump, thump, thump. Brown sludge oozes out of it's mouth as it moans again. It's only a few yards away now. Thump, thump, Wham! Mike overswings and knocks it's lower jaw clean off. It falls over moaning loadly. It's skull folds inward like a pinata as Micheal stomps on it.

Smiling inwardly at how good he was getting at zombie disposal, Mike tries the backdoor. No dice. He then starts opening the window at the side of the house. Thud. Thud. Whoosh! The window slides right open. The alarm goes off with Mike halfway in the windowsill causing him to fall on his face. "Fuck!" He exclaims, irritated. He runs to the bathroom. Throwing the door open he rushes in. Ripping the medicine cabinets door off in his mad rush, he quikly sorts through it. "Shit. Shit. Mega-Shit." He says as he throws toiletries to the floor. "This just isn't my day." he thinks.

He feels raw panic start to grip him as he hears a window break. Running out of the bathroom he runs in the opposite direction of the zombies that broke in. Right into the group of thirty zombie trying to break through the front door. "Godammit!" He screams. In a paniced frenzy he hold his bat out in front of him and charges. Plowing through 6 he's brought down to his knees by one that managed to hold onto him.

The space behind him closes in immediately. Countless cold, wet, slimy hand tear at his clothes and body. An overzealous walker leaps onto his back. "AAAAAAGGH!!!" White hot pain shoots through the side of his head as he realizes he's missing an ear. Two more zeds throw their bodies onto him, pinned him face down. The cold ground muffles his screams as he feels a sensation not quite unlike lying under a running lawnmower. The zombies tear at his flesh like a pack of, well, zombies. His screams turn into gurgles as his blood covers his face.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived