Google Compute Engine cloud server

tobiushirogeri

Hello all,

I've been trying to set up a server using Google Compute Engine but find myself being stuck.

I've installed everything that needs to be installed, I can start the server, no problem.  Only thing is, i'm unable to connect to the server. 

I've opened the required ports in a firewall rule for all source IP as normal, but when I try to connect, i get this message on the server's console :

User jet is trying to connect.
Connected new client jet ID # 0 and assigned DL port 16262
testing TCP download port 16262

And it waits and waits, nothin happens.  I'm pretty sure it's because no connection has been requested from the outsite of the network on that specific port that the outgoing traffic can't be sent, but I was wondering if anyone else has tried to make it work.

Thanks for your help guys !

• 2 weeks later...

How did you get the server to run? I'm also trying to get this to work on a GCE instance, but after following all these steps and attempting to run projectzomboid-dedi-server.sh, all I get is this:

steam@game-server:~/Steam/steamapps/common/ProjectZomboid$ ./projectzomboid-dedi-server.shException in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: zombie/network/GameServer : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:643)        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:277)        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:73)        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:212)        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:205)        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:323)        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:294)        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:268)Could not find the main class: zombie.network.GameServer. Program will exit.

Thanks Enigma, that got it working. Unfortunately I hit the same deadend as tobiushirogeri:

bI1JX5G.png

Infinite waiting time, the client never actually gets into the server. This is what's in the client console:

nFNPbXB.png

I'll attempt it on an Amazon AWS EC2 instance and report back.

Edit: It works on Amazon AWS EC2.