[Resource] Modding Tools

Kind-Sir

After some contemplation, I have decided to start up a Git repository for modding tools for Project Zomboid.

These tools will serve to help expand modding (eventually), and give an organized repository for modders to start pursuing some more ambitious modding tasks.

Right now, there's a rudimentary mesh converter in the repository.

In the new year, there will at least be startings of other tools, as well as a more developed mesh converter (read notes in repo)

https://github.com/cborsky/Project-Zomboid-Modding-Tools

Eventually I'll get around to coding some of the tools in Java. Currently Python is the easiest to just get a flow going, and allow Windows, Mac, and Linux usage.

I wonder if there could be a possibility to make a tool where you import an image and the tool turns it into a tilesheet? Ie. I would draw a full custom wall, which would cover several tiles, and then import it. Then the tool would turn it into a tilesheet file where the alignments are so that it can be used as is for the mapping tools. Would that be a plausible idea?

I wonder if there could be a possibility to make a tool where you import an image and the tool turns it into a tilesheet? Ie. I would draw a full custom wall, which would cover several tiles, and then import it. Then the tool would turn it into a tilesheet file where the alignments are so that it can be used as is for the mapping tools. Would that be a plausible idea?

Sure!

I have a hefty deadline on a project at work currently, but I'll be sure to get some time within the next couple days to figure out what needs to be done and start on a code base for it. It actually seems straightforward.

If anything gets done, I'll be sure to PM you with something.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...