Making guns harder to acquire

ValueOfGravity

I don't care how, i just want them to make them harder to get.

Why? Because i really think that only the really experienced players should be able to be involved in shootouts and efficiently dispatching zombies. Now, i know that beginners should be able to practice with a gun without dying and wasting all progress, so i thought about buffing level 0 aim, but making ammo and guns much, much more rarer. To make it short, Buffing gun leveling, Increasing gun loot rarity.

Also, it would be nice to find the addition to find jammed or guns in disrepair and repair them at a latter time, with a much more advanced item. I know gun jamming and repair IS going to be added, but i am not quite sure of the feature to find them already broken or jammed. I am also aware that some sort of gun cleaning kit will be added. I doubt EVERY gun in the state will be in full function when you find it.

Kentucky.

It's realistic, man. I mean, hell, at a Walmart west of Nashville down here in Tennessee, not only did we sell a crapload of shotguns and hunting rifles, but we even had an M4A3 (essentially. civilian version of military rifle.) semi-automatic, collapsible stock, ACOG or similar sight, with a 30 round magazine. For $900.

A guy I knew up by Ft. Campbell had a closet full of firearms. Galils, G3s, M4/M16, M14, the frakking WORKS. Plus tens of thousands of rounds of ammo.

Most of my neighbors have some sort of firearm. every few weeks you can hear some rifle fire, etc.

Police departments are frakking loaded with military gear, and cops would be among the first infected along with other first responders.

This is America, tovarisch! The land of opportunity! The land of brass and gunpowder! The land of suppressive fire, the "mad minute", stubborn southerners, damn yankees, evil half-canadians, pigs with wings, and women that shoot pool balls out of places I shall not name! You can buy a gun on every street corner and then turn it in at a police department's amnesty program for a $200 voucher to someplace you'll never visit!

The blood of America is infused with gunpowder and whiskey, even more-so in Kentucky. Get used to it.

Kentucky.

It's realistic, man. I mean, hell, at a Walmart west of Nashville down here in Tennessee, not only did we sell a crapload of shotguns and hunting rifles, but we even had an M4A3 (essentially. civilian version of military rifle.) semi-automatic, collapsible stock, ACOG or similar sight, with a 30 round magazine. For $900.

A guy I knew up by Ft. Campbell had a closet full of firearms. Galils, G3s, M4/M16, M14, the frakking WORKS. Plus tens of thousands of rounds of ammo.

Most of my neighbors have some sort of firearm. every few weeks you can hear some rifle fire, etc.

Police departments are frakking loaded with military gear, and cops would be among the first infected along with other first responders.

This is America, tovarisch! The land of opportunity! The land of brass and gunpowder! The land of suppressive fire, the "mad minute", stubborn southerners, damn yankees, evil half-canadians, pigs with wings, and women that shoot pool balls out of places I shall not name! You can buy a gun on every street corner and then turn it in at a police department's amnesty program for a $200 voucher to someplace you'll never visit!

The blood of America is infused with gunpowder and whiskey, even more-so in Kentucky. Get used to it.

Well, i'm not from the U.S so, i have never seen a gun other than the one cops have.

I live in Michigan, above the Ohio that's above Kentucky.

Every super market i go to has Hunting Equipment.

Kentucky.

This has gotta be the best thing i have ever heard since Charles Chaplins speech.

I suppose this is more of a problem for games in multiplayer. I've really enjoyed sandbox thus far. I'm purposely avoiding playing with others though mostly because I perfer to build bases and pve co-op type play. I think the nature of this game is more of every man for theirself so I'm sure it wouldn't be long after I built a base (if I even made it that long) before someone with high firearms skills comes and evicts me at gunpoint/torches my base after stealing my stuff. XD

I'll be more inclineded to do multiplayer once I can build fireproof outer walls (stone/brick) and have doors which lock so I'm not leaving sheet rope entrances for just anyone to climb into my place. Although considering there are sledgehammers in game not sure those counter measures would keep others out.

Anyways I have no problem with those who like some pvp so I too say more ammo all around and more places to get the rare rifles!

Guns are easy to find, it is bullets that are the real resource.

This can not be emphasized enough - have a pistol in every drawer and a rifle under every bed but make finding a few .308 bullets an epic search; the limiting of ammunition through scarcity/rarity makes the abundance of firearms a moot point.

Point is all the bullets have already been spent and all that is left is useless firearms.

This

Every other household might have a firearm in it, well firearm, your regular 9mm handgun you can buy pretty much anywhere these days for self-protection. But bullets are the problem...without them your guns are as useful as a paperweight + west point has an actual gun store so it does make sense that a lot of people in the area would have some kind of a firearm.

I very like the Thrill and excitement of you guys talk about the guns you have at home, in your stores, under your bed and anywhere in your land. And nobody ever lost a word about having every used one of them of a serious purpose. Keep going!

• 3 weeks later...