Play My Legacy Save!

Jatta Pake

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I played the save for a bit but everytime I play on that specific save my computer starts making these really loud beeping noises at completely random times during the game. Though I COULD continue playing with said noises, sadly, I live in a house where other people wouldn't appreciate the unnecessary noise. :(

Looks like someone else will need to play from bumblemore's save.

Jatte, why not list the player in number in order to see who will play next? I mean, this could look much more organize than being headless chicken and kept asking that if one finish their play or bored yet. Everyone can download any save legacy, but in order to continue the journey, they must play in order. Let's say there are player A B C D E F G. So A is the main save. B then get his chance to continue A legacy while C D E F G can play A save file too, but will not count into legacy. B then died. Pass his save file on, and C then continue. If A D E F G interested to see the world of B save. They can download B save file and explore, while listen or read B story, if he willing to tell. Should this idea work better? I don't know. I just passing here and see it look a little unorganized.

What if i take an IRL month to die ?

I have plenty of time but... i'm starting to get good in survival mode :D

I know what you mean, since most of my games have been on the 8 months after settings lately... Anyway, I suicided once I got comfortable during mid-game and was pretty sure that I could survive atleast for a couple of months.

There's no explicit time limit, but there's a soft limit of ending it when you get to the Sim Farm/Fishing/Trapping/Whatever stage of the game. You know, when you are settled and things start to become repetitive. Also keep in mind this is more of a Role Playing type of game than an endurance match.

If this turns out to be a success I reckon another gamer is launched with more specific rules. I would suggest a 7 days IRL limit to return the safe after you pick it up.

There's no explicit time limit, but there's a soft limit of ending it when you get to the Sim Farm/Fishing/Trapping/Whatever stage of the game. You kow, when you are settled and things start to become repetitive. Also keep in mind this is more of an Role Playing type of game than an endurance match.

If this turns out to be a success I reckon another gamer is launched with more specific rules. I would suggest a 7 days IRL limit to return the safe after you pick up.

I kinda like the ideas behind these words !

I would love to pick up, but i've been playing 18 hours straight today.... i'll go to sleep and check tomorrow morning how to install the save and such, which city should i spawn in ?

IIRC Jatta Pake or Rass should pick it up. It's better to pass it around in a small pool of players than to let it die off.

I won't let this die.  :) I want to see how far we can go with this experiment.

As we are still experimenting with this concept, we don't have any set rules in place. If you announce that you are playing the next save, I'd recommend giving periodic updates about when you plan to be done if it starts stretching into several days. I think a week playing time in real life might be the longest you'd want to go. It doesn't matter how long you live in game. Just try to be considerate that other players may want to jump in and add to the timeline.

At any time, though, anyone is free to play one of these existing saves and submit it back here when done. If two people do that with the same save, we will just start tracking these as separate multiverses. Right now we've been successful with a single universe but I'm cool with a multiverse of worlds appearing.

There's no explicit time limit, but there's a soft limit of ending it when you get to the Sim Farm/Fishing/Trapping/Whatever stage of the game. You kow, when you are settled and things start to become repetitive. Also keep in mind this is more of an Role Playing type of game than an endurance match.

If this turns out to be a success I reckon another gamer is launched with more specific rules. I would suggest a 7 days IRL limit to return the safe after you pick up.

I kinda like the ideas behind these words !

I would love to pick up, but i've been playing 18 hours straight today.... i'll go to sleep and check tomorrow morning how to install the save and such, which city should i spawn in ?

First come, first serve! The next time we do this I'll have a more organized succession list for players. But feel free to jump in whenever!

Wait a minute. Does the world item carry over to the new character in same world too? Then it would be better for each player to write a note or diary about their journey, and place it in place that they are going. Maybe a hint or warning too.

YES! The world stays the same when you start a new character on an existing save. All the discovered items remain. This means all the journals left behind by previous players are still there waiting to be discovered. That is the point behind this Legacy style game! Play the save, explore a world previously inhabited by other players, die, then pass the game on to the next player. Repeat until the game has lasted decades (in game).

All the while, the world gets harder and harder as loot is used up.

Lastly, these saves start you in West Point.

I've updated the Original Post with the following:

Updated Post (Jan 23, 2015):

Welcome! This thread hosts previously saved games from a single game I started called a "Legacy Game".  All players are welcome to join in the fun!

How this works: A player (anyone) downloads the latest save game (usually found towards the end of the most recent string of posts in this thread). The game is played until the character dies. Then the save is made available for the next player in this thread. (You can sign up for a free Dropbox account and put your save there, then post a link to download it in this thread). Installing save games is detailed at the bottom of this post.

FAQ:

1. Does the previous world and items carry over when the save is played by the next player? YES! For this reason, most players are keeping a journal in game to record their character's experiences. Later players will be able to find these journals.
  2. How long can I play my character in game? You can survive in game as long as you want. Live one day or eleven months.
  3. How long can I play my character in real life? Try to be aware that other players may be waiting for you to finish before playing your save. Most people play for a few days maximum but there is no rule. Keep in mind that if you are "bogarting" the save with a long play, someone may come along and start a new timeline.
  4. What happens if two people start playing the same save? Won't this get confusing? Yes it can be done, and yes it will get confusing. What will happen is that additional timelines will start to appear from the rip in the fabric of PZ space-time. Nothing wrong with that! We will call it the multiverse and probably start giving names to all the different timelines, like Legacy-616 and Legacy-911. The more the merrier.
  5. Can I use mods? Yes. But be courteous and let players know when you offer your save. Keep in mind some (most?) people may not want to play with mods activated so your timeline might die off. But I'm ok with timelines appearing that use mods. Legacy-Raincoat? Legacy-420?
  6. What if some jerk plays a save, goes around burning down the entire town, and uses up all the loot? Won't that ruin the game for the next guy? I think it will be survival of the fittest for timelines. Personally, I wouldn't want to play a save after someone did that. I would just play an earlier save and then post that save when I'm done. So if you want your save to become part of a continuing timeline, I'd suggest being lovely to your successors. Otherwise natural selection will cull your character from the lengthening multiverse.
  7. Final thoughts: Most people are role playing their characters rather than power gaming a long survival time. Focus tends to be on leaving journals over massive bases. Just a general guideline, not a rule.

And i'm dead... 6 days 17 hours. Shouldn't have expected more from myself...

If i were to rate my own scenario... on a fallout 3 level, the content i left in the save file could be an optional objective of a side quest in the outer regions of the map. At best. (but i swear i tried)

spoilers ahead

and the reward is a dank ass maymay!

Any website i can use to upload the save without installing any program ?

It didn't work that way in my time when we would share our content on internet and i REFUSE to be forced to install anything to upload stuff on the interwebs. Its been a few years i didnt use hosting services...

Sendspace, filedropper?

Thanks mate; couldn't be arsed to spend more then 10 min looking for a reliable website which would not ask me to download anything.

Its a shame really nowadays every single website comes with a registration form towards downloading a P2P launcher which will then download another program to synchronize with the goddamn website with a cool "old people designed" interface with big smily buttons. Which also take 250mo in your ram half the time.

/rant

Heres an updated legacy save!

Found the text file inside and updated it too.

Neat :D

https://www.sendspace.com/file/j6rxfp

Awesome, can i join Mascous save?

Can i get a Pm on how to install a map?

It's all you Daman453.

You simply install the save then go to Survival mode and select the save to play.

If you are using a PC, simply copy/move the download into the following directory: 

C:\Users\<your name here>\Zomboid\Survival

That's it! Go to Survival mode and find the save. You will be prompted to create a new character in the existing world. Don't forget to update the included text file when you are done.