New Denver, BC (V2.1)

Xeonyx

Hey I'm ma let you all know know that its gonna take "even" longer than before.  I've been going through a heavy hit of depression and anxiety lately, so my medication is being updated.  Sorry to put a stall on the map everyone, I can barely pull my ass outta bed these days.  I'll let you know when I'm feeling more able and ready.

• 2 weeks later...

i cant get this to work.... I dont know if there is a location picker like for west point and kualdron (how ever you spell it), or if you have to travle here from Kaul, but how so i get here? assuming it is working and i dont know what i'm doing?

Hey Xeonyx,

Would you maybe want some help for the zoning of your map?

I don't have any experience with the tools yet - but if you could show me, I would be willing to help you out.

It is your map, so I do not want to do it without respecting your vision on it.

So I decided to start in sandbox in New Denver for the first time, as I usually end up walking there from a Muldragh start. I do my usual, unemployed lucky agoraphobic dude, when I got spawned in the middle of the woods somewhere. WTF? I walked for six hours in game time, and still I'm in the woods.. Is this a unique case or has it happened to anyone else?

So I decided to start in sandbox in New Denver for the first time, as I usually end up walking there from a Muldragh start. I do my usual, unemployed lucky agoraphobic dude, when I got spawned in the middle of the woods somewhere. WTF? I walked for six hours in game time, and still I'm in the woods.. Is this a unique case or has it happened to anyone else?

That just sounds like an ideal way to start with an unemployed agoraphobic. :D He dared outside, flipped out and found himself in the woods.

• 2 weeks later...

yeah. I've had that issue too

You didn't install New Denver correctly then. Because the area that New Denver overlaps is filled with trees, so yeah.

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone I'm back in action, and feeling a lot better than I was before.  New Denver has been updated to include the objects.lua for trapping and foraging, its not entirely complete in the sense that the nav map portion has not been added.  for those that are asking;

Extract the contents of "mapfiles" to 

steam/steamapps/common/projectzomboid/media/maps/Muldraugh, KY

and the "New Denver, BC" folder to

steam/steamapps/common/projectzomboid/media/maps

They are in the program files folder in your computer.  
Apart from that, peace out and happy huntin'

• 2 weeks later...

When I try to install the map there is no media or maps folder in the steam app folder.  It just stops at common/projectaomboid.

open up common from the steamapps folder, then the projectzomboid folder; within the projectzomboid folder should contain the media folder, and within that; the maps folder.  Follow the README to import the map into the game from there.

When I try to install the map there is no media or maps folder in the steam app folder.  It just stops at common/projectaomboid.

open up common from the steamapps folder, then the projectzomboid folder; within the projectzomboid folder should contain the media folder, and within that; the maps folder.  Follow the README to import the map into the game from there.

That's what I'm saying.  When I open up the Project Zomboid folder after following all those steps, the Map and Media Folders don't exist. 

• 2 weeks later...

That just sounds like an ideal way to start with an unemployed agoraphobic. :D He dared outside, flipped out and found himself in the woods.

hahahaha^^ niiiceee one!!!!

New Denver

British Columbia

Canada

Behold! For 11 months I secretly worked on map accurately depicting my hometown.  In this 5X5 cell map, each building is unique and comparable to the real-life New Denver, down to (almost) every house, shed, etc.  I`d add the amount of buildings I created but I lost count long ago.

During the creation of the map, a horrible canoe accident claimed 4 of my friends; 

Skye Donnet,

Jule Wiltshire-Padfield,

Hayden Kyle,

and Lily Harmer-Taylor,

so this map is dedicated to their memory.

(1.5) - Roads have been detailed with potholes, cracks and grime, added
street signs and street lights, and some more changes 

(1.4) - Added object.lua for trapping and foraging; it's mostly finished
and will get updated soon, and some more bug fixes

(v1.31) - Multiple bug fixes, thanks to SiderisAnon for the good word.

(v1.3) - Removed the unsightly grass patches and updated the forest grass,
multiple bug fixes, connected the road to Muldraugh

(V1.2) - Fixed up mentioned bugs and a few I found. A handful of
graphical updates, road lines, missing blends, etc.

(V1.11) - Fixed the invisible wall problem at the museum that Marinus had
pointed out, thanks bro!

(V1.1) - Added spawn points to New Denver, now it'll be like you actually
lived there :)

(v1.06) - Fixed the house Spartanz920 mentioned, no one likes a house

with bugs in it :P

(v1.05) - Now with a working Zombie Spawn Map; Now you can enjoy New Denver in fear! :D

(v1.0) - At the moment, the map is ready and playable.  There are no spawn points yet, and certain details (mostly road accents) have not been added yet.  There has been some bug testing, but bugs still exist.

Screenshots:

newdenver_full_zps84f98d4b.jpg

maplocation_zps082314a1.jpgndgm_zps21321d0f.jpg

Edit:  Quickly added in a brief location map; kinda helps

newdenver_stuff_zps900c7db2.jpg

Download Link: (V1.5)

http://www49.zippyshare.com/v/yzMlZVGg/file.html

Enjoy my neck of the woods why dontcha?

how do you install it?

Extract contents of "mapfiles" to 

steam/steamapps/common/projectzomboid/media/maps/Muldraugh, KY
and the "New Denver, BC" folder to
steam/steamapps/common/projectzomboid/media/maps

Extracted from the readme shipped with the map.

New Denver

British Columbia

Canada

Behold! For 11 months I secretly worked on map accurately depicting my hometown.  In this 5X5 cell map, each building is unique and comparable to the real-life New Denver, down to (almost) every house, shed, etc.  I`d add the amount of buildings I created but I lost count long ago.

During the creation of the map, a horrible canoe accident claimed 4 of my friends; 

Skye Donnet,

Jule Wiltshire-Padfield,

Hayden Kyle,

and Lily Harmer-Taylor,

so this map is dedicated to their memory.

(1.5) - Roads have been detailed with potholes, cracks and grime, added
street signs and street lights, and some more changes 

(1.4) - Added object.lua for trapping and foraging; it's mostly finished
and will get updated soon, and some more bug fixes

(v1.31) - Multiple bug fixes, thanks to SiderisAnon for the good word.

(v1.3) - Removed the unsightly grass patches and updated the forest grass,
multiple bug fixes, connected the road to Muldraugh

(V1.2) - Fixed up mentioned bugs and a few I found. A handful of
graphical updates, road lines, missing blends, etc.

(V1.11) - Fixed the invisible wall problem at the museum that Marinus had
pointed out, thanks bro!

(V1.1) - Added spawn points to New Denver, now it'll be like you actually
lived there :)

(v1.06) - Fixed the house Spartanz920 mentioned, no one likes a house

with bugs in it :P

(v1.05) - Now with a working Zombie Spawn Map; Now you can enjoy New Denver in fear! :D

(v1.0) - At the moment, the map is ready and playable.  There are no spawn points yet, and certain details (mostly road accents) have not been added yet.  There has been some bug testing, but bugs still exist.

Screenshots:

newdenver_full_zps84f98d4b.jpg

maplocation_zps082314a1.jpgndgm_zps21321d0f.jpg

Edit:  Quickly added in a brief location map; kinda helps

newdenver_stuff_zps900c7db2.jpg

Download Link: (V1.5)

http://www49.zippyshare.com/v/yzMlZVGg/file.html

Enjoy my neck of the woods why dont ya

okay thanks

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...