New Denver, BC (V2.1)

Xeonyx

Alrighty, I've been working on the whole of the map, adding vehicle spawns,  graphical touch ups where necessary, and am finally getting the forage map built for everything outside of New Denver.  Because the map encompasses 3 towns now, I'll eventually be renaming the map mod from "New Denver BC" to "Slocan Lake BC" as to make sense.  Another thing I'm doing is I'll be adding Rosebery BC and Silverton BC as separate towns to spawn in, instead of having to trek to them. 

Anywho, The next update will take a little while because I want to make sure everything is copacetic before I release it, just thought I'd let you all know.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I apologize for the long period of disappearance, the past 6 months have been all over the place for me; I had to quit taking my antidepressants because of their highly unpleasant side effects which threw me for a loop, then during part of the withdrawal phase, I got shingles; which seems like the best way to describe it was like being punched by a "Saturnite Fist Super-Heated" over and over again (Woot, Big MT).  Needless to say it hasn't been great for me the past while. 

Anywho, what I'm getting at is that since I quit anti-D's, I've been having a really hard time focusing on figuring out mapping issues that need hammering out.  I'm starting to think I need somebody to do this stuff for me because I cant seem to figure these things out anymore.  I'm having a hard time figuring out what to say right now other than that I need some extra hands working on this, I really want this map up to par with the rest of the maps here and every day I try to figure it out and get easily flustered, then extremely depressed; then I see the ever increasing amount of people asking when the update is, which leaves me feeling stupid and useless when I dont work on it. 

Sorry to go on about it, it's no ones fault for asking when it would be updated, it's not like they know what goes on in my life, I'm no blogger, hell I'm barely social anymore.  

So in conclusion; I need someone to help me with this map, I want to start working on a small 4-6 cell map mod, but the responsibility to get this map updated comes first.

Spoiler

No spoiler, just hit this button and couldn't figure out how to get rid of it.  Figures eh?

11 hours ago, TheRealXeonyx said:

I apologize for the long period of disappearance, the past 6 months have been all over the place for me; I had to quit taking my antidepressants because of their highly unpleasant side effects which threw me for a loop, then during part of the withdrawal phase, I got shingles; which seems like the best way to describe it was like being punched by a "Saturnite Fist Super-Heated" over and over again (Woot, Big MT).  Needless to say it hasn't been great for me the past while. 

Anywho, what I'm getting at is that since I quit anti-D's, I've been having a really hard time focusing on figuring out mapping issues that need hammering out.  I'm starting to think I need somebody to do this stuff for me because I cant seem to figure these things out anymore.  I'm having a hard time figuring out what to say right now other than that I need some extra hands working on this, I really want this map up to par with the rest of the maps here and every day I try to figure it out and get easily flustered, then extremely depressed; then I see the ever increasing amount of people asking when the update is, which leaves me feeling stupid and useless when I dont work on it. 

Sorry to go on about it, it's no ones fault for asking when it would be updated, it's not like they know what goes on in my life, I'm no blogger, hell I'm barely social anymore.  

So in conclusion; I need someone to help me with this map, I want to start working on a small 4-6 cell map mod, but the responsibility to get this map updated comes first.

Reveal hidden contents

If there's any specific guidance you need on adding parking zones, moving the area etc then @RingoD123 is on hand to guide you through I'm sure Xeonyx - hopefully he can walk you through stuff so you don't get flustered :)

Really sorry to hear that you've been in the wars mate.

Hey Xeonyx! Dont you worry about the people asking for it, things are done when they are done, you have done an awesome work with new denver since the beggining, and im sure you will be doing it once you get better of that, anything can do to help, dont hesitate to ask.

(Also on my thinking, i always have thought that tis should hire you to help ringo and mash :P)

You are great! :)

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 6/12/2018 at 7:29 PM, Dr_Cox1911 said:

Any plans on moving the map? With the newly added towns and little things in the wilderness New Denver overrides a lot of it.

I know this was asked a while back, but just an FYI for those having issues with this:

To have Slocan Lake be its' own seperate map, rather than a part of Knox Country, simply navigate to the "\mods\New Denver, BC\media\maps" directory, you'll find three folders.
In each folder is a map.info file, open it up in a text editor and you should get something like this:

title=New Denver, BC
lots=Muldraugh, KY
description=New Denver, BC

In each of the map.info files, you'll want to change the "lots". I normally change it to:

title=New Denver, BC
lots=New Denver, BC
description=New Denver, BC
title=Rosebery, BC
lots=New Denver, BC
description=Rosebery, BC
title=Silverton, BC
lots=New Denver, BC
description=Silverton, BC

Slocan Lake will now be its' own "world". You won't be able to drive to it from the vanilla map anymore, but I find that preferable and more realistic and it won't interfere with any of the vanilla cells.

Edit:
For Rosebery and Silverton, you may have to move some files over to the "New Denver, BC" for it to work.
Move every file over to the New Denver, BC folder, except for the:
map.info
objects.lua
spawnpoints.lua

thumb.png

Try without moving first though. It should work, but I've had issues before.

Edited by Okamikurainya

• 9 months later...
On 6/27/2018 at 8:21 PM, EUDOXIO said:

(Also on my thinking, i always have thought that tis should hire you to help ringo and mash :P)

Called it!! :D , Congratulations Xeonyx and also TIS for hiring him.

Happy day and happy news :)

Edited by EUDOXIO

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/25/2020 at 9:54 PM, Primal said:

The author does not play PZ? Raven Greek is not compatible with this map, but I would like to see the authors collaborate to fix this problem.

I mean, it might be a good idea to only use one map mod at a time... or you know, ask nicer.