New Denver, BC (V2.1)

Xeonyx

New Denver

British Columbia

Canada

(Now with Non-Steam download link...Again!)  http://www.mediafire.com/download/772cv61jad9ftnx/ND2.1.rar

Yea, I updated the map to 2.0 now; increasing the size from a 5x5 map to a whopping 22x16 map.

With this latest update (2.0), you can now explore North of New Denver to the Slocan Lake Golf Course, South to the Farmlands, and the world East of New Denver, with houses, farms, and more.
More bug fixes have been addressed, so the game should play more smoothly now.
Update 2.0 does NOT have foragable land outside of the original map size (I'm only one person!!! but I will update this ASAP)
Note the 2.0 Update will require you to start a new game as the exact location of New Denver has increased the distance to Muldraugh

Behold! For 11 months I secretly worked on map accurately depicting my hometown.  In this 22x16 cell map, each building is unique and comparable to the real-life New Denver, down to (almost) every house, shed, etc.  I`d add the amount of buildings I created but I lost count long ago.

During the creation of the map, a horrible canoe accident claimed 4 of my friends; 

Skye Donnet,

Jule Wiltshire-Padfield,

Hayden Kyle,

and Lily Harmer-Taylor,

so this map is dedicated to their memory.

(2.0) - Added "The Back Forty" update, have fun...
(1.75) - Added Friday Market! This consists of a bunch stands set up by locals found:
http://pzmap.crash-override.net/?desc=New_Denver_v1_31L0#0.47111386928726384,0.21069731021245483,41.11783324647789
        some more bugfixes, etc.

(1.7) - Over 75 bugfixes from unaccessable stairs, and blocked rooms, to
others, and some additional objects added.

(1.6) - Updated map compatability to build 32, bugfixes, etc.

(1.5) - Roads have been detailed with potholes, cracks and grime, added
street signs and street lights, and some more changes 

(1.4) - Added object.lua for trapping and foraging; it's mostly finished
and will get updated soon, and some more bug fixes

(v1.31) - Multiple bug fixes, thanks to SiderisAnon for the good word.

(v1.3) - Removed the unsightly grass patches and updated the forest grass,
multiple bug fixes, connected the road to Muldraugh

(V1.2) - Fixed up mentioned bugs and a few I found. A handful of
graphical updates, road lines, missing blends, etc.

(V1.11) - Fixed the invisible wall problem at the museum that Marinus had
pointed out, thanks bro!

(V1.1) - Added spawn points to New Denver, now it'll be like you actually
lived there :)

(v1.06) - Fixed the house Spartanz920 mentioned, no one likes a house

with bugs in it :P

(v1.05) - Now with a working Zombie Spawn Map; Now you can enjoy New Denver in fear! :D

(v1.0) - At the moment, the map is ready and playable.  There are no spawn points yet, and certain details (mostly road accents) have not been added yet.  There has been some bug testing, but bugs still exist.

Screenshots:

newdenver_full_zps84f98d4b.jpg

maplocation_zps082314a1.jpgndgm_zps21321d0f.jpg

Edit:  Quickly added in a brief location map; kinda helps

newdenver_stuff_zps900c7db2.jpg

Download Links:

Steam Workshop

http://www.mediafire.com/download/772cv61jad9ftnx/ND2.1.rar

Enjoy my neck of the woods why dontcha?

Edited by Xeonyx

sorry for the loss of your friends, that really sucks.

but this map is awesome. thank's for making it, and for placing it in a good spot.

with the addition of water as well, which is a bonus for the Muldraugh area

can you tell us a bit about what we will find, like a jail, stores, hospital, hardware store, gun shop......

Is it normal for there to only be a few zombies here and there? Like just one in a house or even a whole street block?

Yea not really; I've been adjusting the zombie spawn map, but It hasn't been changing much, plus the long haul to New Denver from Muldraugh can be a pain in the arse doing it over and over.  Frankly I may be doing it wrong, but I don't know...

ndmap_ZombieSpawnMap_zpsd2f40b2e.png

Is it normal for there to only be a few zombies here and there? Like just one in a house or even a whole street block?

Yea not really; I've been adjusting the zombie spawn map, but It hasn't been changing much, plus the long haul to New Denver from Muldraugh can be a pain in the arse doing it over and over.  Frankly I may be doing it wrong, but I don't know...

-snipthepic-

The spawn map seems to be very light on most of the town's areas compared to vanilla limits. I'd bump the grey areas to around 40-60 on the brightness scale (it's now about 25) and really make the center area white. And maybe try make some variety in the town so it won't be a steady mass of zombies everywhere.

I'm sorry for your loss.

The map is nothing short of impressive assuming you did it all by yourself. And even if if you didn't it is still impressive.

In fact it's good enough to download it for the version 30 test drive.

Thanks, and thanks everyone for your condolences, but yea, I did do it all by myself; and I left 1000 hours in the rear view mirror long ago :)

So I walked around for a bit, and it's really impressive. Really good stuff. The only thing is that the placement of trees and plants etc,  deserves a bit more attention IMO, but it's a rather minor point; otherwise 9/10 will most certainly play this map.

ndmap_ZombieSpawnMap_zpsd2f40b2e.png

Well I can't wait until you get it sorted out, your buildings look amazing! Here take a clyde for your fantastic work  (clyde)

found one thing i pray is fixable...none of the silver propane grills will turn on

asti spumante! I thought I did it right!  It should be under the "furniture (1-4)" right?  Also, I've been working the zombie spawn map all day, I made the name right and brightened the gray scale several times, each time I went to the parts that are full white, and it's no different from the gray to black scale parts in the zombie map,each time didn't work.  Any ideas?

Also, Should I remove the generous amounts of grass around the map in yards?

ZombieSpawnMap_zps168885b5.png

found one thing i pray is fixable...none of the silver propane grills will turn on

asti spumante! I thought I did it right!  It should be under the "furniture (1-4)" right?  Also, I've been working the zombie spawn map all day, I made the name right and brightened the gray scale several times, each time I went to the parts that are full white, and it's no different from the gray to black scale parts in the zombie map,each time didn't work.  Any ideas?

ZombieSpawnMap_zps168885b5.png

um, i have no idea on any of those questions, i was just mentioning something i noticed

That was one of the things I hinted at earlier, but like I said it's a fairly minor aesthetic issue.  If I were you I would make one or more spawn-points first so it's a bit more accessible. Even with no zombies and real time it's a bit of a hassle to get to New Denver. It's a shame really, because it's a wonderful map.