Heya guys,

since my last forum game saw an untimely death, I figured I might start something (barely) more serious.

Without further ado: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RollToDodge

How To Play:

Roll to Dodge!

Roll to Dodge is a fun game where you play with a group of (5) people. Think Dungeons and Dragons in a sense. You will be placed in a certain scenario, and you (may) be given a certain objective. Now here's the catch, for nearly every action you make, a die will determine the outcome.

The numbers on the six sided die are marked as such...
1) Epic fail
2) Kinda fail
3) Kinda success
4) Success
5) Perfect success
6) Overshot

For example:

Jack wants to jump over a wooden fence.
I roll a die and it lands 4. Since a 4 represents normal success, nothing too bad nor too good happens, you just complete your action.
Thus, Jack jumps over a wooden fence.

Let's say Jack rolled a 1. The outcome would be much different now.
Jack tries to jump the wooden fence, but trips over his shoelace and smashes his face through it, breaking his nose.

Now what if he rolled a 6?
Jack runs as fast as he can to gain the momentum he needs to jump the fence. The momentum is so great that he jumps the fence, but keeps gaining altitude from his jump and doesn't seem to stop. Jack literally jumps across the entire world and lands right back where he started, behind the wooden fence.

I'm sure you can get what the rest of the numbers represent.

Rules!
Only (5) people may play at a time.
-This is based on a first come first served basis
-If you did not make it in time, I can still add you to the waiting list
-I would like to keep this game moving at a good pace, so you will have 2 days max to take your turn or you will be removed from the game and the first person on the waiting list will take your spot
-If you have a legitimate excuse for an absence, then your spot will be frozen until you come back.

This game will use the declare system. You declare your move, then when everyone's move has been declared, they are all taken, the die is rolled, and results are decided.
-I will not post results of the actions until everyone has taken their turn

I will only count the first action you post. If you post multiple actions (Jump the fence, then punch the guy in the face), then I will only roll on the "Jump the fence" action.
-There will be some exceptions to this rule
-Other minor actions may be used with your major action (look around, talk, ect)
-Observing your surrounding will not be effected by the die
-Talking to NPCs or players will not be effected by the die

You may post almost any action you desire
-If you want to attempt to harness the power to fly or spontaneuosly grow a third arm, you can do so.
-You may not god-mod and ruin the fun for everyone, however.

You may kill or be killed by players or your actions
-Be weary of what you do, if you attempt to kill another player early in the game and fail, the results can have devastating results
-Attempting to do something stupid can lead to a very funny death

Certain events can affect your next roll
-If you do something with perfect success there may be a chance your roll, or everyone's roll, can be increased by +X amount, or be predetermined
-The same can be applied if you have an epic failure, only your roll will have -X amount
-If a certain action has an effectiveness on a body part, then any action requiring that body part will be effected (Jack's arms are broken, -3 to any action used by his arms)
-The same can have positive attributes

I think that's everything you need to know so far. So lets get this show on the road!

Just figured I'd see if a few people are interested in a completely nonsensical game of forum funnery.

5 people at a time maximum playing, everyone else wait listed for when someone doesn't show up/dies. If you die you can rejoin at the bottom of the wait list as a new character. Anyone interested?

Edited Post for more comprehensive rules!

Current players: MashPotato, EnigmaGrey, acex222, Terra_Incendia, CaptainBinky, Xydonus, PugDug808, Vulspire, Pancakez54

Wait List: Tooks, Ironfist56, Terra_Incendia

I'd suggest current players subscribe so they can easily see when updated. How quickly the game moves is solely dependent on how often people post their actions, with most forums it's about every 24 hours.

You are all standing in a mall, shopping, hanging out, or whatever. You happen to all be in the same shop (Hot Topic of course, because you're all so hip) when all of a sudden you hear screaming and see people running past the door. Before your eyes you see 3 bloody, corpse-looking figures chasing after the group of people. One gets distracted, though, and turns and looks inside the shop. At you.

You can attempt any one action at a time. Speaking to people around you and/or looking at things are free actions. When everyone has declared what they want to do, I'll roll the dice and we'll see who is successful and who is not. I'm pretty lax as far as rules go, so you can try pretty much anything you want to. Outcome solely dependent on the roll of the dice. Good luck, have fun, don't get bitten by the zombies.

Starting without Ace since he's offline and not sure if he legitimately wanted to play.

I rush the corpse and, with my bare hands, shove it towards its friends.

"It's important that everyone stay together."

(Is this considered one action or two? Only time will tell.)

Roll: 4

You successfully push the zombie back, out of the doorway of the shop, but it looks like there's more behind him and he's coming back.

I grab a random object behind me to hoping I can defend myself with it

"Oh my god, their real!"

Roll: 3

You reach around behind you to grab something, and a mannequin goes flying into your hand. You try to pick it up to defend yourself, and the arm comes off. You are fiercely wielding a mannequin arm. Where did that mannequin come from anyways?

I freeze and try to blend in with the mannequins.

Roll: 6

You freeze absolutely perfectly posed like a goth mannequin, but then you have to sneeze. In fact, you have to sneeze badly. You sneeze so hard you fall completely over (trying to stand still) and you send mannequins flying everywhere. The zombie that Enigma has just pushed back looks over at the clatter and fixes his eyes directly on you.

I glance around, select the hippest and most colourful pair, and casually change my underpants.

Roll: 2

You find the most colorful pair of of underpants in Hot Topic. It's a hot pink thong. Forgetting that men don't fit well into thongs, you try to put it on but just end up in a rather tangled mess on the floor. You feel like the zombies would be rushing you, but they got distracted by the mass of mannequins being pushed around by Mash. You admire her attempt at stealth, though, and think in retrospect you should go with less flashy underpants.

Enigma's pushed back zombie has its eyes set on Mash. Several other zombies seem to be heading your way. In the mean time, most (living) humans have either made it out of the mall or succumbed to the living dead. Enigma urges everyone to stick together. Next round, go!

*Suddenly, a stranger out of nowhere invades the party*

I grab Mash tightly by the arms, clearly intruding on her personal space. I shout, "Kiss me, before its too late!" and go in for the smoochie, hoping in vain that the Zombies will simply pass us by, and blush away in a shambling embarrassed state.

"No, no! Not you guys . . . The zombies! They should stick together if they want to be an effective horde!"

As the zombies are distracted, I attempt to run through the gap in the doorway.

Roll: 2

As you attempt to rush past the distracted zombies, you distract yourself with giving them zombie lessons. Unfortunately, they take your advice to heart and have now formed a coherent but small horde and they are slowly shuffling into the store. You're standing close to them. Very close. One of them seems interested in the perfume you're wearing. Wait, no, he's trying to bite your neck.

Nonchalantly pick myself up off the floor and attempt to do a Shaun of the Dead style zombie impression to slip un-noticed out the fire exit.

Roll: 3

You successfully pick yourself up off of the floor. You also manage to make a fire exit where there wasn't one before. Unfortunately, you get so distracted with trying to perfect Simon Pegg's dashing looks and incredible fake-zombie walk that you forget to go up the fire exit.

I try to help mash

Roll: 1

You reach down and try to help Mash off the floor. You're slightly terrified by the zombies and are wearing a somewhat scary face. While reaching down, you accidentally poke Mash in the eye. She mistakes you for a zombie and starts swinging her mannequin arm at you. You, of course, defend yourself with yours.

During my flailing after falling into a pile of mannequins, I grab one of the mannequin arms and use it as a bludgeon... unfortunately it's on Terra whom I've mistaken for a zombie.

Roll: 1

Something makes a terrifying face at you, then you get poked in the eye! "VENGEANCE" you shout loudly, swinging with the nearest object to you... a mannequin arm. You jump into fierce mannequin arm combat with your opponent, and don't even think to realize that zombies don't use mannequin arms as weapons.

*Suddenly, a stranger out of nowhere invades the party*

I grab Mash tightly by the arms, clearly intruding on her personal space. I shout, "Kiss me, before its too late!" and go in for the smoochie, hoping in vain that the Zombies will simply pass us by, and blush away in a shambling embarrassed state.

Roll: 4

Somehow dashingly good looking  man explodes into existence in front of Mash and shouts "Kiss me, before it's too late!" You look confused for a moment as you notice that Mash is in fierce but odd combat with someone else at the time. "Oh well" you mutter to yourself, and give her a quick peck on the cheek before disappearing and finding yourself on the waiting list.

Binky has conjured a magic fire escape in the back of the room. He's not sure anyone else noticed, as they seem quite busy. The zombies are rapidly invading the room and you all think maybe you should stop rolling crappy numbers and defend yourselves or run. In the mean time, Enigma is about to smooch a zombie and Mash and Terra are locked in fierce combat performing amazing feats of swordsmanship they henceforth thought impossible. Seriously, you guys need to roll some 4's and 5's.