An update on the anarchist commune; we are still looking for more people!

pzdennis

Instructions for joining are second to last paragraph (it is easy).

As you may know if you read my first post about this, I am planning to start an anarchist commune on a big public pvp server as soon version 30 is out.

The location on the map and the server to make it on are still being decided. Right now, there is a private subreddit I created for this in which discussion threads about those topics are up. There are already 4 people in the private subreddit and 1-2 more who have been invited and who we are waiting to accept the invitation and join.

Obviously it is these people in the subreddit who will be democratically deciding those major decisions about the commune, so if you have any interest at all in joining, but are worried about lag/server related issues, or worried about whether the commune itself will be in a good location, then you should join sooner rather than later so that you can actually influence those things. You will have as much of a say as anyone else. :)

We have already worked out 10 rules/guiding principles, which might also be edited before the commune is founded after 30 comes out. So that is another thing you can influence. I am going to paste those 10 rules below so that everyone reading can get a feel for what the commue is planned to be like:

The 10 Rules of the Commune

1: Be cooperative.

2: Be civil. Please no drama in the Commune or subreddit.

3: No leader, no hierarchy, no exceptions.

4: Decisions are made by consensus of those involved. Decisions about the Commune are made by consensus of the Commune. For transparency, please make your votes public on the subreddit.

5: Anything in the Commune that isn't in anyone's character inventory is collectively owned by all Commune members. Collectively owned things are free to be taken or used by anyone in the Commune.

6: Keep the Commune's location secret. Make sure your subreddit username and in-game Commune username are the same, and use a password for the Commune's server.

7: Be very careful about inviting other people to the Commune/subreddit. Only Commune members can be subreddit members.

8: Members can only be ejected from the group by consensus of everyone else.

9: You can leave the group whenever you want, but please don't do anything to threaten the security of the Commune after you leave. If you just want to play multiplayer outside the Commune while staying in the community, just go to another server and/or play with a different username.

10: All Commune members are eligible to be moderators on the subreddit, and all mods are equal. Never change any of the basic properties of this subreddit or its description or sidebar except through consensus. Modship may be witheld from a new member for up to a week. Modship, and participation in the subreddit generally, is only optional for Commune members.

So if you have any interest at all in being a part of this, create a new reddit account and pm me (https://www.reddit.com/user/pzdennis/) I will then invite you to the private subreddit.

You are especially welcome to join if you are a noob.

Archived