Z3759xy

Feb21th: Update 6:

rB1UZWf.jpg

- Generators should be spawning/working,

ZfxlhNu.jpg

- Your character can drink from swimmingpools,

3NT11uY.jpg

- Changed the total amount of spawnpoints to 135,

- Added a "connected" version, that connects to Westpoint and Muldraugh.
  Select the map "Downtown (connected)".

uGT9EMH.jpg

Available on Steam, Dropbox or Zippyshare

Kind regards,
Z3759xy

Suggestion for placement and some changes inside your map. The cells more or less line up but I used an image editor so it's obviously not gonna be perfectly aligned. And maybe just continue the highway down and through... aren't most of those buildings unfinished anyway? Could save you some work.

2bec7a3.jpg

EDIT: Did up a version with the highway all the way through and added a gas station along it.

b122769.jpg

EDIT: You know what? I just realised that's not to scale at all... I tried to match the road sizes from the image you have on the workshop showing the location and screwed it up. Not sure if it will fit there afterall, but I still think that would be an awesome spot for it.

• 3 months later...
9 hours ago, Z3759xy said:

@Hicks My plan with Downtown is to wait for the "2x_Tileset" to be available, before updating again.

My other plan is to bring a part of Manhattan to PZ ... 

Reveal hidden contents

Dhoaq6O.png

Understood. Although any plans to quickly fix this:

Did some research and a lot more running around on your map and it seems that no areas in your map are marked as the following:

shed, garagestorage, mechanic, zippeestore, fishingstorage=, electronicsstore, gunstore, gunstorestorage

It's important to note that the area flag "mechanic" is NOT the flag used for home garages, it is for areas such as the garage next to the west point pharmacy and the mechanic garage along the main road in muldraugh. Prime candidates for this flag on your map are the mechanic garage attached to the gas station and the firehouse garage.

The sheds and garages in your map seem to be marked as "storageunit", which is used for large storage facilities in the base maps.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Hicks

Cool. Will check it out. Assuming all is working correctly, we can most likely add this to the Redboid server (we are the most popular PZ server) which should get you a lot of subscribers.

One issue we have had with a few custom maps is that SuburbDistribution was not set up so items would not respawn. This does make it a bit of an issue problem online obviously if you hadn't considered it.

10 hours ago, Hicks said:

Cool. Will check it out. Assuming all is working correctly, we can most likely add this to the Redboid server (we are the most popular PZ server) which should get you a lot of subscribers.

One issue we have had with a few custom maps is that SuburbDistribution was not set up so items would not respawn. This does make it a bit of an issue problem online obviously if you hadn't considered it.

The SuburbsDistributions.lua is not adjusted/included. Downtown uses the "Original" file (.../media/lua/server/items).

Getting loot to respawn on mp:

Hey Hicks, I don't think it will be anything to do with the suburbdistribution.lua as Bedford does not include one or even edit the original.

The first thing you need to check is to make sure all of those maps have "chunkdata.bin" files as well as the ".lotpack" and ".lotheader" files within the map folder. If they don't then the map creator has not re-exported his mod after the changes made to Tilezed about 6 months ago now which fixes respawning. Unfortunately, there's no way for anyone else to put these maps through this process as you need the source files, which only the map makers will have.

I do have these 2 guides on Steam (and somewhere on these forums) which walk map makers through how to update their mods to include the new files:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=534038010

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=534034411

If the map mods you are trying to use do have these files, then the problem could be if they are including their own suburbsdistribution.lua file, try removing them.

Let me know if neither work but im pretty sure it'll be down to one of these 2 things.

Regards.

Ringo.

Edited by Hicks

The "chunkdata_.bin" , "_.lotpack" and "_.lotheader" files are included within the mod

(I still have an older version, dated at 23/8/2015 and those files are already there).

The "SuburbsDistributions.lua" file is not included within the mod.

Edited by Z3759xy

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2016 at 6:22 PM, Z3759xy said:

@Hicks My plan with Downtown is to wait for the "2x_Tileset" to be available, before updating again.

My other plan is to bring a part of Manhattan to PZ ... 

Hide contents

Dhoaq6O.png

This is absolutely amazing looking...