Downtown(On Hold)

Z3759xy

The update for Downtown is not ready yet, but maybe a small mod to keep you busy?

The Downtown Cemetery Challenge:

rZBrxLA.png

It replaces the map from the challenge 5. House in the Woods LastStand (Accumulator)

with the Downtown Cemetery. And yes, zombies will come outside the ...

Download Link:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/v69ohb5b51jkuvp/AACgsO0ChOhz7lx5Zd7ojc-Ua?dl=0

Instructions:

=place=> the map "Downtown Cemetery Challenge" =into=> C/:Users/...your_user_name.../Zomboid/mods

If you toggle the mod in-game, you can select challenge 5. House in the Woods LastStand (Accumulator) to play the Downtown Cemetery Challenge.

Kind regards,

Z3759xy

@ fluffe991: Yes, all buildings will be uploaded/shared in the future.

@ KorruptkSwades: Thanks again! Already looking forward to the next episode.

@ Jella331: Thank you, I'm doing the best I can to make some quality buildings and it's a nice effort from KorruptkSwades to make people aware of Downtown.

Aug 8th 03:29 Update05:

jPleZLt.jpg

- Changed Downtown into a standalone map;
- Removed the outdated "LastStand-challenge";
- Added some spawnpoints (before 59, now 113);
- Added 'Foraging' locations;
- Updated the buildings around the soccerfields and some others; 
- Closed some "dead-ends" (buildings/floors with no content) for now;
- Added some new locations;
- Changed the picture, the download-links and the instructions in the OP.

Download-link:
dropbox
or
Zippyshare

Instructions:
=place=> the "Downtown" folder =into=> C:/users/.../Zomboid/mods

Kind regards,
Z3759xy

@ KorruptkSwades: Yes, most of the work has gone into filling out these "empty shells"(I use them to have a better view on the lay-out), but there still are some. Those will be for the next update.

Maybe I can help you and your character, by sharing a content-map, that I use?

mjHljzH.jpg

@ KorruptkSwades: Yes, most of the work has gone into filling out these "empty shells"(I use them to have a better view on the lay-out), but there still are some. Those will be for the next update.

Maybe I can help you and your character, by sharing a content-map, that I use?

mjHljzH.jpg

Thank the undead Godz !  :lol: Very useful ! thanks !  stay tuned for some Korruptk Swades Zlayin' later tonight... :P

As promised ...

:P HEY  :arrow: ZOMBBBOUUUUIIDDZZZZ  :lol:  :idea:  

so I've spiffooled my last episode of the Downtown map/mod serie with an irrefutably  :unsure: screwed-unsynched a/v.

Nonetheless,  :mellow: I beg you !...

*drops to his knees and elevates a spiffo over his head* 

to forget the last episodes' spiffoolement  -_- and check this one out ! :blush: 

WHY ??.. A/V synched, Audio is amazzzzing, yupperz, & I've got some gooodiez for you !

*throws spiffoosss into the crowd*

:o  ^_^  :lol:  :D 

---

PZ_ep03_Downtown5.0_/wHydrocraft3.2_part1of3_The_Scouts_Mistake

In this episode I will give YOU, yup ain't I dandy :P!, a V.I.P touring of ONE newly added building to the map/mod by 'Z3759xy' & we head out to investigate the epicenter of the disaster zone I awkwardly helped the zedz create... :o

ENJOY ! :D

@ditoseadio: Why can't we drink the pool water?

djlLjzk.jpg

Drinking chlorine, cyanuric acid, algeacide and muriatic acid the same as lemonade will not help your character survive, I think.
http://www.wikihow.com/Properly-Maintain-Swimming-Pool-Water-Chemistry

But, a more serious answer will be that the tile_definitions for these 'water'-tiles are not the same, as the other 'water'-tiles in the Tileset.

@Jela331: I haven't seen a sign like this in Downtown:

c46kFdL.jpg

... so, no P for now.

I'm not sure if I am going to continue the Downtown Series videos because Man Bear Pig Gaming has started his own, and his quality is just f*****g :blink:  overkill great compared to mine, and he has so many more subscribers..... :ph34r: and project zomboid is lagging even more at each update on my laptop :'(    Maybe Ill continue once I have my new desktop at the end of the week i dunno... :huh:

@ Robomat: Thank you!

@ KorruptkSwades: As a fellow community-member I can only be thankful to you for uploading video's, with you playing on the Downtown map and it's always nice to see how other members play Project Zomboid.

About MBPG; he for sure uploads some quality video's. But I think, if he didn't upload HD-quality video's, he still would have many subscribers and viewers.

It is difficult for me to explain (Dutch would be more easy here), but sometimes it is not all about quality, but more about the effort.

Look at YouTube, it has many video's of Project Zomboid that don't offer the best quality, but the people who uploaded them, made an effort to show there playstyle, a map or ...

Anyway, when you have your new desktop, don't forget to check out the other community-made maps/mods, because ... effort ...

Kind regards,

Z3759xy

• 4 weeks later...

First off, I want to say how awesome I think this map is. I played a couple rounds of LastStand mode and was too occupied exploring the architecture when the zombies got me. The whole town (especially where urban area meets residential) reminds me of where I used to live. 

From this map mod, am I able to travel to different towns (like Muldraugh or West Point) from roads leading outside town? If not, is it planned to be like this in the future? 

Thank you for creating this masterpiece!

@ daMastaChef: Thank you for your reply!
And sorry, for your character's dead, by exploring the architecture.

Currently, Downtown is a standalone map. Having no connections with Muldraugh, West Point or other towns/cities made by communitymembers.

Some updates ago, I did connect Downtown with Muldraugh (a 30min. real time forrest-run), but after a break I decided to disconnect it again, to fill Downtown with more content first and to add some surroundings to it.

For future plans about connecting, I'm waiting patiently for the Creative Mode and it's impact on Project Zomboid, to make a decision.
But I really like the idea to connect every town/city that has been made, into one big map.

QCQAAMj.jpg

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...