"Bandage all", "Disinfect all", "Clean all bandages", "Replace all bandages"

Burianu

Well i still prefer the old system because if i wanted to remove all but one or something this would make no sense plus you shouldn't really ever have more than two cuts at a time. If you do it was either because of a few reasons. Lag, Recklessness, Stupidity, and mistakes. It really has no point since most things don't occur at the same time besides a few rare times. I see no value in it but that's my thoughts.

What about the fact that constantly reapplying bandages is incredibly tedious?  Having a simple "reapply all" - even if it's just one - would be immensely useful and make the system a lot less frustrating.  So that instead of:

*right click wound*,  *left click remove bandage*, *right click wound*, *left click apply bandage*

it could be

*click reapply all bandages*  and work for all wounds.  And excuse me if I get cut multiple times in a game that is trying to kill me... that's no reason to make the bandaging system tedious and annoying.  I even talk to people in servers and they agree that it is incredibly annoying.  by your logic we shouldn't even have an indepth medical system because we shouldn't be getting hurt anyway.  more than 1 cut and you should be dead, right?  

No reason to get emotional, Burianu. Penguin only speaks for himself, just like the rest of us.

That said, I do agree with him. Though the current system may be tedious, this doesn't mean it'll always have to be. Giving proper care to injuries (and not forgetting about them) should be part of the game; this suggestion neatly removes that.

having a Bandage All option is a definite "no way" from me.

maintaining some semblance of realism is a good thing, and while you may find it annoying.... that is one thing that does not need to be adjusted to add an option like that, it is just fine as is. IMHO

But why...  the whole idea is that the timed action emulates you actually doing the bandaging.  The tedious right clicking and left clicking... what's the point?

See: loot all option in inventory...  It would still take the same amount of ingame time to bandage, but you don't have to struggle with the ui.

Oh come on man, you didn't even respond to my point :'(

That is, it serves the exact same function as the loot all function for the inventory.   Don't get me wrong, I love the new health system.  Absolutely love wound management, but the UI is clunky and frustrating, and I don't understand how a bandage all function would in any way "remove some semblance of realism."

Because it wouldn't require you to a) be aware of your injuries and b) remember which ones have received treatment previously. It'd take care of all that for you . . .

I don't follow that logic.  Why would being given the option of just rebandaging all mean any of that?  All it would mean is that you would be unnecessarily disinfecting already disinfected wounds, thereby wasting disinfectant.  The game already tells you when to rebandage, so you don't have to keep track of that.  I don't understand how it would take care of knowing these things for you.  It doesn't provide any information. 

ok, lets say you have 4 wounds, 1 dirty and 3 clean. proper bandages and disinfectant are in limited supply in the game, especially so in Muldraugh where you only have Cortmans to get proper bandages. your idea would waste 3 good bandages and the amount of limited supply disinfectant necessary for each wound.

and, if some of those are bleeders, you just lost X amount of blood in addition to wasting supplies. now you need some pain pills and some food to try and recover. the current way you would have only changed the dirty bandage and used 1/4th of the supplies.

so to sum up, you just wasted X amount of material that you will still need further down the road because of this proposed feature.

and yes, i know about ripping up sheets and using disinfectant to "sterilize" them. those are only good as a last ditch effort to keep going, or until i can find the GOOD bandages. but this suggestion just wasted those sterilized rags if that is what was on the wound. which obviously means wasted disinfectant.

now before you say there is plenty of Item X on the map, remember the upcoming NPC's will also be looking for the good stuff.

ok, lets say you have 4 wounds, 1 dirty and 3 clean. proper bandages and disinfectant are in limited supply in the game, especially so in Muldraugh where you only have Cortmans to get proper bandages. your idea would waste 3 good bandages and the amount of limited supply disinfectant necessary for each wound.

and, if some of those are bleeders, you just lost X amount of blood in addition to wasting supplies. now you need some pain pills and some food to try and recover. the current way you would have only changed the dirty bandage and used 1/4th of the supplies.

so to sum up, you just wasted X amount of material that you will still need further down the road because of this proposed feature.

and yes, i know about ripping up sheets and using disinfectant to "sterilize" them. those are only good as a last ditch effort to keep going, or until i can find the GOOD bandages. but this suggestion just wasted those sterilized rags if that is what was on the wound. which obviously means wasted disinfectant.

now before you say there is plenty of Item X on the map, remember the upcoming NPC's will also be looking for the good stuff.

I'm not suggesting they remove the option of manually treating each wound.  

then why bother creating something like this in the first place?

maybe as a mod..............

But he explained why in the first post. To get away from the tediousness.

I can really see why it is annoying, but still I agree with most here. I don't think it's annoying enough to warrant even the slight immersion drop for me.

Plus as Rath said we're going to get a UI overhaul so let's just wait until that rolls in. :)

then why bother creating something like this in the first place?

maybe as a mod..............

But he explained why in the first post. To get away from the tediousness.

I can really see why it is annoying, but still I agree with most here. I don't think it's annoying enough to warrant even the slight immersion drop for me.

Plus as Rath said we're going to get a UI overhaul so let's just wait until that rolls in. :)

Sounds reasonable.  I'm glad someone at least acknowledged how it could be seen as tedious.