I'm looking for people to try a new play-style in multiplayer PZ: Anarchist Communism

pzdennis

Pardon the hyperbolic political adjectives.

Normally when people want to play cooperatively and peacefully they do it with their friends, on a private server. Public pvp servers are generally places where people don't trust each other, steal from, loot, and murder each other regularly, and where the bands and groups that do exist are very hierarchical and authoritarian in reaction to the chaos of solitary life.

I am dreaming of a community in project zomboid multiplayer that bucks these trends. Specifically, I want to play in the traditionally cooperative private server style on a big, public, pvp server, with strangers, so that it will actually be challenging and interesting to do so.

Basic Idea

- hidden anarchist commune somewhere on the map (this doesn't mean there won't be excursions to urban areas and interaction with the rest of the server, there will probably be a lot of that, but the base must be hidden)

- no hierarchy; total freedom, equality, and democracy, etc within the commune

- On a big, public, pvp server

I want it to be big enough so that we can have a group of 10-15 in the commune simultaneously, and still have 15+ other people on the server with us at the same time to spice things up and be potential threats/allies. This will obviously make our safe cooperation harder, and more fun!

- members of the commune do not know each other from anything else or from real life

- Basic Principles of the commune are at the bottom

How to Join

- if you are interested, even if only a little, create a new reddit (https://www.reddit.com)(my reddit username is pzdennis) account and pm me. I will then give you some more information and we will converse back and forth a bit until you are sure you want to join, and until I am somewhat sure I trust you. Give a very brief explanation of your motives, availability to play, etc in the pm. I won't be a harsh judge!

Once there are 10-15 members in the private subreddit I created for this we will decide things like what server to be on, where on the map to make the hidden commune, basic layout of it, and stuff like that. We will start doing things on the server and actually found the commune once that server upgrades to version 30, or once we decide we are ready, whichever is later.

You should join if

- you are a left-libertarian in real life, even if only mildly

- you think 'freedom' and 'equality' are essentially the same thing in practice

- you are skeptical of authority

- you want to try something new in pz

- you like the idea of playing according to the Basic Principles, which are below

Thank you for reading this.

There is also this thread here: https://www.reddit.com/r/projectzomboid/comments/2q09w1/im_looking_for_people_to_try_a_new_playstyle_in/

Basic principles

- No leader, no hierarchy, no exceptions

- Decisions that affect the community will be made by consensus of the community

- Decisions that affect only an individual member will be made by that individual member without needing anyone's consent.

- Collective ownership of tools, common buildings, land, and anything else that can be considered capital, in accordance with traditional anarchist philosophy. Precise rules will be worked out in discussions on the subreddit.

- Criticize and oppose hierarchical groups on the server. Help people out. Participate in the server, etc.

- It is the survival and well-being of individual persons, not rules or property or contracts or 'justice', that is the ultimate objective here. Members of the community are entitled to help from other members when they are in dire need. Likewise we are obliged to help each other and share with each other, that's why we are here in the first place. There will be no fixed rules on this subject, however.

Why don't you want to create a reddit account? Do you think reddit is a website for your "real life" identity? Because it isn't. I created a private subreddit to facilitate communication so I think it would definately be worthwhile for anyone who wants to join this to have a reddit account.

Also, I have no idea where the server would be. That is something to be decided by the group. Like I said the whole point is to have no leaders, so where the server is just depends on where in the world the people are who join and therefore can make the decision.

Archived