Insanity Moodles

Jangles

Just some ideas for moodles regarding your sanity that may fit in to the environment.

Stir Crazy: You haven't left your house in awhile and boredom is setting in.

What it does - Character begins to hear banging on windows and doors that may not be real. Deeper stages could cause the character to get jump scare noises randomly, despite no zombies being present. The agitated and panicked moodles could begin showing up randomly as well. Severe conditions of being stir crazy could result in the character beginning to engage in self harm, with random scratches and such appearing on arms.

How to activate - Any time your character becomes bored it adds points in to becoming stir crazy. Reading, eating, other things that relieve boredom relieve stir crazy. Stir crazy grows more quickly the longer you stay in one area. Areas will be defined as currently loaded tiles. Leaving an area will be defined as loading new tiles.

How to relieve - Just enter load unloaded tile space, the more severe your stir crazy is the more tiles you need to load to relieve it.

Trauma: You've seen some things, and those things are sticking with you.

What it does - Character wakes up part way through a nights sleep due to nightmares. Causes random panic and exertion, as you re-experience past traumas via flashbacks (assumed, not witnessed by player). Severe trauma may cause your character to hesitate before firing or swinging a weapon, those split seconds mean everything when a zombie is coming at you. 

How to activate - Witness another player die. Killing another player yourself will compound this. Become harmed by a zombie but survive. Become harmed by another but survive. Live through a serious injury. Have a house catch on fire while you're inside it.

How to relieve - Very difficult. Drugs could be used to ease the symptoms but only time would heal trauma.

Literally losing your mind: I have no mouth yet I must scream

What it does - Think Eternal Darkness style stuff. I hate to just rip off another game but it's a cool system. You begin seeing your limbs fall off, you start crying blood, shadowy figures begin following you around, and I'm sure many other crazy things that people can think of.

How to activate it - Being alone, utterly alone in the zombie apocalypse for just too long. There could be a moodle that helps indicate you're working your way towards this (loneliness moodle). Jump scares could also add to this insanity meter.

How to relieve - Well when sneak is added you could peak around corners to prevent jump scares. When NPCs are added, being around them will prevent loneliness (and of course real players on servers). Once it's starting to set in the best way to relieve it is to kill zombies. Just go on a killing spree and you'll work that insanity out, that's how life works, right?

There you go! Just a few ideas that were kicking around my head. I am really enjoying the community on here since I've joined and I hope to keep posting more things as I think of them. 

Yea this would a nice addition, other players should have some cue about your mental state as well. Kinda like a "to far gone" state. Some may be able to hide this emotion, some may not that all depends on the players traits I suppose. But some players should be able to have the ability to know what their true intentions could be, just like you get that skull on the safety system, that warns fellow players of your intention.

This would be very unique!

And it could add some cool character creation perks too, to tie in with the madness stuff!

Such as:

Thousand-Yard Stare (+8) Character permanently has Trauma

Iron Will (-3) More resistant to Trauma, Sanity Loss, and Sir Crazy

Just some ideas

agreed!!

One more type of crazy!! 

Psycho: You're one fucked up dude

What it does: Your character loves killing survivors and zombies!! You enjoy smashing in skulls and just love the apocalypse! Sadly other survivors just don't understand you and see you as a danger. The pros are that you will never get trauma and depression. :) I love killing!!

How to get: It should be a perk at you choose when making a character. I don't know if it would be positive or negative though...

How to relieve: Sorry buddy, you're a wacko for life!

how about seeing and hearing things as your mental state degrades.

Nightmares = you go to sleep (SP) you are "woken up" early to find you are being eaten by zombies.

or you wake to find you ARE a zombie.

Narcolepsy = you go to sleep and wake up some where else.

Hallucinations = seeing or hearing zombies that are not there.

seeing or hearing survivors that are not there.

seeing survivors as zombies or zombies as survivors.

seeing non-edible items as edible.