Propane Tank to Fuel Kitchen Gas Stove

jhepong24

It's been a while since I played PZ, I think it was build 25 when I started. Now I tried the build 30.

Until now, I am bedazzled why the Kitchen Stoves need electricity to run, unless they are electric stoves or microwave ovens. I got the logic of the oven range that uses electricity, but it is mainly used for baking and roasting. We have cooking pot and frying pan, which we always use for cooking on the gas range, not the oven.

Gas stoves use gas which is connected to somewhere and literally does not need even a tiny bit of your house's electricity to function or ignite a flame. It's ignition uses some sort of thing also used in lighters.

In reality, if gas supply is cut off, surely it can be fitted with other sources like the Propane Tank as fuel that will only be slowly consumed while the stove is turned ON.

In other countries, they call them LPG tanks (LPG = Liquefied Petroleum Gas). Once your gas tank is all consumed, you can buy another and you'll just have to give them your empty gas tank. Then they'll refill it to be sold again. A full LPG tank can last for a month if you only cook twice a day.

I wish I could use a Propane Tank to the Gas Stove when electricity is cut off.

This saves a lot of trees  =)

I would like to make a mod out of this, unfortunately, I'm just beginning to learn a bit of programming. I tried learning LUA from RoboMat's tutorial but there are other things I have to know to make it work, like the source code i should use for functions and events for this kind of mod.

This should be doable, though propane is nonrenewable and can be difficult to obtain whereas trees are renewable and all over the place, so it probably wouldn't end up being too useful.

You should also be able to move grill units somehow.

Natural gas appliances often require modification to run on propane, such as replacing the burners. Can't just hook any kind of gas up to them. Electric stoves are probably the majority in North America, and they obviously can't be converted.

But I don't know how popular propane stoves are within a kitchen, in the US. Never really seen them in Canada (though I've heard of people in rural areas whom receive propane shipments doing so).

People occasionally have small LP/propane burners for camping, but just hooking up your stove to one... no, that doesn't work I'm afraid. You'd need special hookups even if it *could* work like that, and that's not something you can just smash together. A tiny gas leak in an oven turns into an exploded house. Also, I'm fairly confident most recent gas ovens require electricity for the igniter rather than have an always on pilot light. I know most ranges are that way. Unfortunately that's really just not how it works in reality. LP should be useable with grills, which should be able to cook things anyways. No need whatsoever to have a weird, quasi-realistic system to hook up ovens to them when you could just use a grill.

Also, electric ovens are very common in the US. Not sure exactly what percent (it's also very regional), but from my understanding natural gas is more common in the northern states and electric is more common in the southern states (also true for heating systems).

People occasionally have small LP/propane burners for camping, but just hooking up your stove to one... no, that doesn't work I'm afraid. You'd need special hookups even if it *could* work like that, and that's not something you can just smash together. A tiny gas leak in an oven turns into an exploded house. Also, I'm fairly confident most recent gas ovens require electricity for the igniter rather than have an always on pilot light. I know most ranges are that way. Unfortunately that's really just not how it works in reality. LP should be useable with grills, which should be able to cook things anyways. No need whatsoever to have a weird, quasi-realistic system to hook up ovens to them when you could just use a grill.

Also, electric ovens are very common in the US. Not sure exactly what percent (it's also very regional), but from my understanding natural gas is more common in the northern states and electric is more common in the southern states (also true for heating systems).

So now I would rather create a PZ Asia map for this thing to be realized?

What one do not know does not mean unrealistic. And what is uncommon in one's place doesn't mean it will not work in reality. There are just these people born in technology nowadays that they now lack the concept how it even began.

Given that it's a gas stove running on gas, and Propane Tank is Gas that is connected by a proper tube which is also the one used for your gas stoves used in US, it should run. The only difference is yours are connected to a larger network of natural gas which runs underground that you pay for a monthly bill.

Even a Fifth-Grader here knows how to attach a gas tank to a gas range using a qualified synthetic rubber gas tube and a meter gauge. And it has to be attached only once, not everytime you cook. Go see a gas stove and check for these.

And mind you guys, at least the pyromaniacs in the multiplayer will have second thoughts using those propane tanks for cooking instead of using them to burn players' bases.

Regardless of whether or not your post is accurate (since you've resorted to talking down to me rather discussing this, I'm not going to get into it), you're still ignoring the point that you can just hook it up to a grill for the exact same return without an overly complicated unrealistic system.

If you want to mod it- more power to you. But this would be a literal waste of development time for the devs to work on imo. You're spending valuable time to rig a system that will add literally nothing to the game that can't be accomplished with a gas grill- which exists in most homes in America without any jury rigging.

It won't work, or work safely. You have to spend hundreds of dollars on special conversation kits for things like furnaces and driers, despite them being "simple tubes."

No point getting upset about it.

Enjoy:
http://www.whirlpoolcomfort.com/Upload/20562901.pdf

Here's a listing of liquid-propane compatible stoves from the US website for Sears:

http://www.sears.com/search=lp%20stove

You'll notice there are only 3 models . . .

For natural gas, there are ~300? http://www.sears.com/search=natural%20gas%20stove

For electric, there are the same number.

Propane is just rarely used for this.

They could be used with grills =\

I don't mean to be negative about your idea mate, just seems like there's an easier way to me. There's also little camp stoves that are popular with campers/hunters around here that could use the LP tanks and be portable. How does that sound?

They could be used with grills =\

I don't mean to be negative about your idea mate, just seems like there's an easier way to me. There's also little camp stoves that are popular with campers/hunters around here that could use the LP tanks and be portable. How does that sound?

Are the grills now useable with propane tanks now in build 30? Coz i havent tried it yet