Exertion values need adjustment on trivial actions

Florin

Namely remove bush, remove wall vine. It's way too high. Doing either action hits you for nearly a full quarter of your maximum exertion. Remove five bushes and you're exhausted. Coupled with how quickly the erosion system currently generates new bushes/wall vines/grass/etc, it becomes far too much of a chore trying to keep on top of the overgrowth in even a very small area. Since you get nothing out of removing wall vines, and nothing more useful than a twig and maybe a branch out of removing bushes, these are primarily aesthetic functions, and shouldn't sting you as hard as they do. That, or the appearance of overgrowth needs to be slowed way down. Or perhaps both.

Looks like it should be the same as the endurance penality of the weapon used:

function ISRemoveBush:useEndurance()    if self.weapon:isUseEndurance() then        local use = self.weapon:getWeight() * self.weapon:getFatigueMod(self.character) * self.character:getFatigueMod() * self.weapon:getEnduranceMod() * 0.1        local useChargeDelta = 1.0        use = use * useChargeDelta * 0.28        if self.weapon:isTwoHandWeapon() and self.character:getSecondaryHandItem() ~= self.weapon then            use = use + self.weapon:getWeight() / 1.5 / 10 / 20        end        self.character:getStats():setEndurance(self.character:getStats():getEndurance() - use)    endend

Thus, with a kitchen knife, it costs 0.06 endurance (3 strikes) to remove one bush.

That's only 1/4 of endurance if you mean the first level of endurance . . .

You're right. That's kind of a weird way of doing it. It always autoequips my axe (one-handed, at that) to perform the task, so I assumed it required an axe. I don't really think it should depend on the weapon being used at all. Guess I'll be removing bushes with butter knives for now, though.