Where i can find empty jar?

ZleZomboidy

just have patience, things will get worked out.

I'm trying. To be honest I really enjoy the game and think they have done a good job so far, but I need those long term survival options in there for me. I'm hoping they add new stuff though as well like hunting, would love to get my hands on a bow/crossbow! Could make crossbow bolts reuseable a limited number of times, arrows like gun ammo, but allow crating them with tree branches+chipped stones+bird feathers (new item kept after skinning small birds). Also looking forward to if or when building a fireplace/wood stove becomes an option, maybe with some kind of stonemason skill.

Now don't get me wrong I do like for things to feel dire and bleak, this is a zombie apocalypse after all but I would rather that be because of the zombies, not because I'm running out of snack food to survive the winters. Zombies are fictional afterall, maybe you could give them a reanimate feature if left dead for long enough? Make burning the corpse as the only way to truely kill one off.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just have patience, things will get worked out.

I'm trying. To be honest I really enjoy the game and think they have done a good job so far, but I need those long term survival options in there for me. I'm hoping they add new stuff though as well like hunting, would love to get my hands on a bow/.crossbow! Could make crossbow bolts reuseable a limited number of times, arrows like gun ammo, but allow crating them with tree branches+chipped stones+bird feathers(new item kept after skinning small birds) Also looking forward to if or when building a fireplace/wood stove becomes an option, maybe with a some kind of stonemason skill.

Now don't get me wrong I do like for things to feel dire and bleak, this is a zombie apocalypse after all but I would rather that be because of the zombies, not because I'm running out of snack food to survive the winters. Zombies are fictional afterall, maybe you could give them a reanimate feature if left dead for long enough? Make burning the corpse as the only way to truely kill one off.

hunting will be along at some point, we already have the Hunting and Varmint rifles, and i see Bows and Crossbows on the Commonly Suggested thread marked as a Yes http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting-unofficial/

stick around, and keep making suggestions, or if you think of a good one check out the search feature and see what has been said previously (search feature looks like a magnifying glass, top right of the page) this game is gonna be great, so enjoy the ride to V1.0 with the rest of us

hunting will be along at some point, we already have the Hunting and Varmint rifles, and i see Bows and Crossbows on the Commonly Suggested thread marked as a Yes http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting-unofficial/

I also see cleaning up blood listed as added, anyone know how to go about doing that? I got some buckets with water, soap, bleach and a bath towel but still not getting the option to clean it. Tried it with a dish towel in my inventory as well still nothing.

I also see cleaning up blood listed as added, anyone know how to go about doing that? I got some buckets with water, soap, bleach and a bath towel but still not getting the option to clean it. Tried it with a dish towel in my inventory as well still nothing.

still to come. they have been focusing on the BIG things for a while now.

once those are done, or close to done, then they will probably start with the little things like blood clean up....probably.

i think Enigma had a mod that cleaned blood, don't know if it is up to date or not

• 1 month later...

I would like to argue, with the fact that more lids would ruin gameplay. I mean it is fun, to create your own little farm and stock up some stuff for winter and not having to go out to scavenge every day to the city. Also the amount of can food you can find, is high even with rare loot - thus making it possible to just stock up and sit on your arse all day. Opposing to this, nurturing your farm takes practise, effort and a lot of other things (water, anti-pestitides etc.)

Without jars, farming is stupid, as all the extra food goes to waste (unless you have more people with you that eat). Making these only mainly appear in the Mall is also unfair, to those who play in Muldraugh for example. Making this huge walk, fight with a thousand zombies for 3 jars and 2 lids, is kinda disappointing.

I am fine with the spawn them in certain locations, but at least have 5-6 places where they can spawn, or make lids to appear in packets so at least when you find one, you know it will be good for 6-10-12 jars.

I am also not fan of the re-usable lids, I prefer the more in one pack version.

Lids definitely need to be reusable or else what's the point of having them? If they run out then they run out and what was the whole point of ever having them in the first place?

Granted, I think the reuse ability can provide diminishing returns for lids that have been reused a lot to help balance it out until it gets to the point where you need to improvise to get an intact seal. A lid that's been reused once will have 80% preserve time. Twice, 60%. Each reuse reduces until the time caps at 10% time efficiency. Still better than letting it sit, but not great.

After that you can start adding hot wax (a renewable resource) to the lids to get a 30% to 50% efficiency seal. Still not as good as a brand new, high quality seal but it'll still help you out in a pinch.

Lids definitely need to be reusable or else what's the point of having them? If they run out then they run out and what was the whole point of ever having them in the first place?

Death of the modern comforts of man kind and a commentary on consumerism, of course.

Their point is just to get you through the winter . . . if you're careful and you've kept some of the preserved food you've found.

After that you can start adding hot wax (a renewable resource) to the lids to get a 30% to 50% efficiency seal. Still not as good as a brand new, high quality seal but it'll still help you out in a pinch.

Wax boils at half the boiling point of water. It can't be used as a sealant in this way . . .

Death of the modern comforts of man kind and a commentary on consumerism, of course.

Their point is just to get you through the winter . . . if you're careful and you've kept some of the preserved food you've found.

Wax boils at half the boiling point of water. It can't be used as a sealant in this way . . .
Which is why you don't pour it into the boiling water >.>

Wax has been used to seal jars of food for a looooong time. Cook the jar of food, put the damaged lid and ring on it, then apply wax to the top of the lid around the ring while the whole thing is cooling. Boom, instant seal. Scrape the wax off when you open the lid and reuse it for the next jar.

Wax has been used to seal jars of food for a looooong time. Cook the jar of food, put the damaged lid and ring on it, then apply wax to the top of the lid around the ring while the whole thing is cooling. Boom, instant seal. Scrape the wax off when you open the lid and reuse it for the next jar.

Yes, it's been used a very long time without a metal lid and ring? I'd be worried about the wax strhinking after the lid was placed on it and improperly sealing.

Not that I've ever tried this to know.

Yes, it's been used a very long time without a metal lid and ring? I'd be worried about the wax strhinking after the lid was placed on it and improperly sealing.

Not that I've ever tried this to know.

Yeah, that's how they did it back in the day before manufacturing was a thing. Using machined metal lids is unquestionably better but filling the jar mouth with wax can still get you better storage times than if you just left the food sitting on the counter top.

Dunno how it looks in usa but my grandma always reuse jars and lids when shes makes pickles, fruits etc. They stay fresh for over a year so im shocked when you say that most lids in us are not reusable.

How about to increase jars and lids spawn rate but make that food perservation only available for high cooking level ?

Would be nice with the profession overhaul to have a skill or hobby choice for canning, which increased the chance of finding preserving goods, similar to how lucky works, or just tweak lucky to help. I don't want there to be an abundance of lids etc, just a reasonable amount as there are so few, especially on multiplayer. I'd pick 'preserver' as a skill anyday! :)

Dunno how it looks in usa but my grandma always reuse jara and lids when shes makes pickles, fruits etc. They stay fresh for over a year so im shocked when you say that most lids in us are not reusable.

How about to increase jars and lids spawn rate but make that food perservation only available for high cooking level ?

Exactly my point. Making it more common, appear in packs of 10 maybe, would allow you to efficiently can your veggies if you have 5-6 jars to give you food for 24 days in the winter (if you eat 1/4 of the jar each time you eat). To efficiently feed a group for 5 survivors (or 6-7 which is our current set-up), and you only rely on farming (trapping food cannot be preserved right now).

You will need 90 days worth of food which is 450 quarter rations (this is pretty much the minimal food you can possibly have), 120 jars of food. Practically - impossible with current jar spawn and HARD even with all other non perishables unless you forage (which provides mushrooms in huge quantity that do not perish).

I am not saying make this easier, but I would be happy to get a closer number (20/30 jars maybe in a few months of scavenging). We are out there all the time 6-7 looking, we only found 2 jars and 1 lid so far (after around 30-35 hours of gameplay in Muldraugh). We looted everything like 3-4 times.

Is there a way to manually increase the spawn rate of jars for our server? Please let me know.

Chance the roll value in SuburbsDistribution.lua found in ProjectZomboid\media\scripts

I just checked there is no lua like this only a txt, but it does not have "Jar" or "Jarlid" in the text, only food and other stuff.

Look for Base.JarLid and Base.EmptyJar I just tried and they're there.

Is there a way to manually increase the spawn rate of jars for our server? Please let me know.

Chance the roll value in SuburbsDistribution.lua found in ProjectZomboid\media\scripts

I just checked there is no lua like this only a txt, but it does not have "Jar" or "Jarlid" in the text, only food and other stuff.

Look for Base.JarLid and Base.EmptyJar I just tried and they're there.

Thanks I got it now. Will increasing this result in higher chances? Let's say it is 2 - if I make it 3 or 4?

Yep; as you can see, jar/lids are much much lower at the moment.

Just an update - I made them appear in kitchen counters as common as cookingware, also in resaturant kitchens (counters), convenience stores and grocery stores (crates).

I increased it to 2-4-10 respectively and getting balanced results. We looted around 6 houses and 2 stores, got a total of 4 jars and 6 lids. With loot respawning every 2 weeks on the server, this can give us a nice build up by winter time now :)

Annoying thing, that everyone had to edit the lua who wants to come on the server as now its "modded", I hope that devs increase spawns as well so this won't be necessary in the future :D