Where i can find empty jar?

ZleZomboidy

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't find them in kitchens for reasons, only counters in grocery stores, and generic counters that aren't attached to any particular type of room or building. Plus the shelves in kitchenware stores, but I think (?) those only appear in the mall.

You can't find them in kitchens for reasons, only counters in grocery stores, and generic counters that aren't attached to any particular type of room or building. Plus the shelves in kitchenware stores.

Funny but I can't find it in the code in the grocery list... :???:

"Base.EmptyJar", 0.2,
                "Base.JarLid", 0.2,
                "Base.Vinegar", 0.5,

For counters.

Which makes them much rarer than even seed packets (1).

Ok. Next question: If i make canned vegetables does empty jar retorn to me?

Yes, but you lose the lid. So your essentially capped by how many lids you can find (their far more rarer than vinegar and sugar). Really not much point to canning before winter begins.

I have searched the entire GIGA Mart in West Point and i found one empty jar and 0 vinegar. This is joke?

It seems to be very rare as Enigma said. Getting upset about it won't help anyone. Remember that they were just implemented and haven't been balanced yet.

I have searched the entire GIGA Mart in West Point and i found one empty jar and 0 vinegar. This is joke?

As said, the values are from counters, like those found in kitchens. The gigamart contains very, very few counters.

The only alternative is the houseware store, found within the zombie-filled mall (where they're 10x as likely to spawn, but only half as rare as seeds).

RobertJohnson is aware that there's a difference between specialty stores in France and generic stores in the US, and will likely update the distribution table at some point to accommodate this. Or we can make the changes ourselves.

Its a work in progress, and I made a comment about the.....unusual.......distribution of some loot (like why is coffee, sugar, tea, flour, and yeast a household only item and not available in places like Gigamart?)

To solve your current problem though, hit up the spiffo restaurants. They have a TON of vinegar.

Its a work in progress, and I made a comment about the.....unusual.......distribution of some loot (like why is coffee, sugar, tea, flour, and yeast a household only item and not available in places like Gigamart?)

To solve your current problem though, hit up the spiffo restaurants. They have a TON of vinegar.

I was in spiffo I saw no one there even bottles vinegar...

We should get jars from peanut butter and pickle jars

If you mean commercially sold stuff, they're not reusable for canning. Same problem of the traditional band/metal lid designs: they're only meant for one use when it comes to canning.

That said, different kinds of jars and being able to take your chances is a thing that'd be nice. One day.

And I was so happy to find a jar, and my second vinegar. Now u tell me I need a lid.

poop. But hey I am just 2 weeks in my new game, so winter is still faaaaar away :)

and the question why canning jars and lids are so rare. Well here in Germany proper canning jars and lids are fu**ing expensive. My parents still love to use the ones from my grandma (yes from the times mid - end of WWII) as, these are super duper sturdy and strangely way better than what you can buy today.

So yes, rare is good, as the Apocalypse already started and people took the good stuff already with them

So yes, rare is good, as the Apocalypse already started and people took the good stuff already with them

I know of several people who enjoy hunting that can make their own jerky. I feel like they are designing the game in a way which ignores that some people are always worried about when the shit hits the fan, this means there are niche markets for products most people aren't going to buy. It also means that the knowledge of several different ways to perserve food is available and out there, even in a zombie apocalypse for those willing to put in the effort to look for those books/guides. I'd imagine in reality anyone who survived the first winter would have made it a top priority to learn how to better survive the next.

Here's a link to some reuseable lids.

http://theprepperproject.com/tattler-reusable-canning-lids-review/

Yes most all canning lids are disposable but as others have said they are sold in packs. In sandbox, there are zero signs people were prepareing to survive the zombie apocalypse, even if they had though, the "preppers" would already have enough supplies to last them. Other people who weren't so prepared and died off a few months in might have got some lids on them so we should find them in their houses or at least pickled food which we could eat later.

Wouldn't be a very fun game if you could just stumble upon a prepper's storehouse and live indefinitely without leaving the premises, though. Some reality has to give way to gameplay . . .

Personally, I've never seen reusable lids sold in store, particularly not if the game is going to be set in the 90s instead of present day. Your results may vary. And I'm not sure how far I'm willing to trust them, considering the disposable kind produce clear indications of bacterial growth with a convex lid. (Not sure about the ones in your link, of course.)

And in this case, canning is just meant to get you through the winter, barely, when farming can't be done. It's existence doesn't indicate they're planning to ignore other methods of food preservation, or that the current scarcity isn't going to be tweaked.

Keep in mind the amount of "preppers" who actually spend the amount of money it takes to be serious about this stuff is a minute proportion of the overall population of the US. You're talking about only a few thousand residents in the area the game takes place in. PZ isn't really meant to be about finding or being some paranoid prepper, though. It's a very intentional decision on the devs part; Zomboid is meant to be about average people in a very average place (not) living through extraordinary circumstances.

Wouldn't be a very fun game if you could just stumble upon a prepper's storehouse and live indefinitely without leaving the premises, though. Some reality has to give way to gameplay . . .

I agree but your character has to realize the reality of their situation. Adapt and survive, for me without any means in game for long term year round survival it isn't worth playing at all, because then at least there is a small glimmer of hope that with careful planning and preparation maybe I can beat this! Once that is gone though your just waiting to die, may as well just commit suicide at that point.

In gaming terms though I mostly want to be able to prepare food long term so I can get back to killing the zombie hordes. Which I admit is entirely the wrong frame of mind to have during a zombie apocalypse :)

I agree but your character has to realize the reality of their situation. Adapt and survive, for me without any means in game for long term year round survival it isn't worth playing at all, because then at least there is a small glimmer of hope that with careful planning and preparation maybe I can beat this! Once that is gone though your just waiting to die, may as well just commit suicide at that point.

In gaming terms though I mostly want to be able to prepare food long term so I can get back to killing the zombie hordes. Which I admit is entirely the wrong frame of mind to have during a zombie apocalypse

you are not supposed to live that long though, the game is supposed to kill you.

quite often we see people who focus only on how the game is RIGHT NOW, and forget that we need to look long term with this game. there is still A LOT of work to be done, stuff and things to be added, map expanded........just because  something is one way now, in build 30.12...that does not mean it will stay that way all the way to V1.0 and beyond. we just had Lemmy, a Dev, state that he thought the loot spawn of certain items was a little too low.

just have patience, things will get worked out.