Neo Scavenger Officially Released Today

EnigmaGrey

http://steamcommunity.com/games/248860/announcements/detail/228886520256785411

SteamMontage.png

NEO Scavenger is my first commercially released game, and is a sort of love letter to the pen and paper role-playing games I grew up playing. In it, the player takes on the role of a character who wakes up in a strange facility where the world has experienced some cataclysm. Using their wits and anything they can scavenge from their surroundings, they explore this strange wasteland, piecing together clues about their past.

It's a hard game, where the player must take care to think of everything from dressing appropriately to disinfecting wounds. The story will not come spoon-fed to you, and the game will not hold your hand. But for those who are persistent and clever, rewards and answers await!

Great hex-based RPG. One of the few that got me back into playing games again. Give it a shot (yes, it has a demo). ;)

had this game in my steam library for while. Sadly I can never make it past the initial spawn area, always get killed or freeze to death, bummer. Maybe if I don't try to kill everything on sight I might make it further :D

Yep, you have to prioritize survival to survive. The game's take on violence is fairly realistic, which means you really don't want to go into a fight you're not sure to win. Focus instead on scavenging for clothes and equipment, and use the bunker you started in as a base until you have a sleeping bag.

had this game in my steam library for while. Sadly I can never make it past the initial spawn area, always get killed or freeze to death, bummer. Maybe if I don't try to kill everything on sight I might make it further :D

Yep, you have to prioritize survival to survive. The game's take on violence is fairly realistic, which means you really don't want to go into a fight you're not sure to win. Focus instead on scavenging for clothes and equipment, and use the bunker you started in as a base until you have a sleeping bag.

If you go back and explore the base you can unlock a room, where with the mechanic/electrician skill you can repair the heating vents/system.

Also, If you go with "trapping" and a skill that lets you kill the dogman in the beginning of hte game, take a piece of glass and craft it with the trapping skill tab and the dogman corpse = instant coat, also a shittonne of meat.

It's a great survival game aright, but suffers from really bad narrative flaws. Not the actual background narrative or the lore, but the players story. You could end up playing it and accidentally find yourself in a dead end or rather, completing the game without even knowing it!

With that in mind I tend to play Neoscavenger by avoiding all the rather mundane narrative missions (there isn't that many anyhow) and enjoy it for what it is, a somewhat flawed but excellent survival game.