Preventing Zombie Bites

Boomspark

Bit of a long shot, but I had an idea, that would allow you to use certain items on zeds, so they can't bite you anymore. For example, if you had an item, such as a plastic bag, or a lampshade equipped in your primary, then you could perform an action to cover the zombie's head with said item. A plastic bag, for example, would provide ample protection from a bite, as the zombie would most likely tear through it, but a thicker item, such as a lampshade would have prevent the zombie from biting you entirely.

But the zombies would still be able to scratch you. This way, if you have said items, it could greatly increase your survivability, but you still have a chance to be killed.

This is only an idea, and it isn't refined, but I thought it would be nifty. :)

I don't think I'd ever find a use for this. Against one or two zombies such strategy wouldn't be necessary, against a lot of zombies it wouldn't be useful. Plus I can't imagine a zombie would just stand still and let you shove a bucket over its head.

Sounds like a nifty little anti-feature to stick in the game. Buckets are kinda rare (but useful) as-is. Being able to melee-thonk one down tight over a zombie's head should prevent it from being able to bite you, provided it's wedged on tight enough and doesn't come loose. Would be interesting to see how much that would affect a Zed's ability to track and pursue you though.

Also... You've only made one zombie a little less dangerous than the others. Not too good of an idea from a survival standpoint, but, I love it. Find a zombie, call him Frank, cram a bucket over his head and listen to those muted, echoing moans. Over the weeks you'd see Fred every now and then, stumbling around with the bucket still on his head.

I like it. I wish it was something you could do in-game. Could even help relieve your character of depression a bit. After all, who couldn't help but laugh at the absurdity of a mostly impotent zombie lurching around with a bright plastic bucket crammed over his noggin'? :P

If you have seen WALKING DEAD season 4, they use some sort of anti riot gear to avoid being bitten. A helmet and a polstred vest or hockey equipment is a good idea

I was wondering why you can't find some of this type of gear in any of the police stations, I mean they must have some protective gear for riots on hand.

ok ... so you know those satellite dish looking neck rings the vet puts on cats after surgery .....

first you knock Zed down ..... then you quickly strap on a "safety collar" and maybe some industrial mittens ...
then it's back inside and up to the safe balcony / viewing area of your safehouse with a bottle or whiskey or wine (your preference)
open up the instant popcorn and enjoy the evenings entertainment !!

or maybe you're a sports person ... a football helmet, some boxing gloves, a fresh skull from the newly deceaced ...
and you've got a game! ... a little recruiting a lot more equipment and some spray paint .... you could even have teams !