Yeah I never understood why planks were the sole materials capable of making a campfire. Not to mention that if you had to use only one set of materials, planks are probably the least common and least intuitive item to use.

At least they got The tent kits right xD But the campfire one always cracks me up. Because usually i can craft them easily from the beginning of the game and go on a house burning spree if i wanted. But i mean it's a working progress. Can't complain at least we can make campfires 

Yeah I never understood why planks were the sole materials capable of making a campfire. Not to mention that if you had to use only one set of materials, planks are probably the least common and least intuitive item to use.

You can use logs instead of planks to make campfire kits in Build 30. And you can use books, magazines, newspapers or twigs instead of sheets / ripped sheets.

You can use logs instead of planks to make campfire kits in Build 30. And you can use books, magazines, newspapers or twigs instead of sheets / ripped sheets.

Was not aware logs were now an option, making progress!

• 3 months later...

It's very strange that campfire look like this in game:

campfire.jpg

but recipe doesn't require stones. It should only require stones and nothing more.

If you want light it up you add sheets, sticks, logs, planks, whatever you want.

Edit: It should also require more time to place campfire, you need to clean ground etc before you place it.

I like this idea but I'd like you to be able to specify looking for Items or Food with Foraging. I only seem to find berries when I'm drowning in Food or Stones when I'm starving.

I also like this because Stones don't have many uses at the moment. They would be critical for makeshift Engineering (as building materials and counter weights). Heck, you could drop one on a zombie's melon for an insta-kill.