Less blood.

Fortport

The amount of blood sometimes is (or at leas was in the last version I played) a little bit too much, not because it's gory or disgusting, it's because the blood seems to depend on the blow and not on the amount of blood left on the body. Sometimes you can find a body without any blood near it and then you can fight a zombie and paint several walls with blood before killing it. 

5 - 8 liters of paint blood can go an awfully long way . . .

I'm starting to think that zombies bleed way too much. After killing just a couple close together, it looks like there should be one or two more corpses laying with them, given how much blood is there. Depending on the length of the fight, there can be a large amount of blood for just one zombie. Is it this just me?

Blood in the game is amazing. People must not think the blood in the human body is miniscule. You ever kill a squirrel? You know how much blood comes out of one? Enough let me just say that.Upon killing a human or "the walking dead" the victim or zed would lose a lot of blood depending on type of injury and how it was caused. For it to be less blood in PZ,we would lose some of the realistic and atmosphere this blood and bodies create us. If you want a game that has less blood play 7 Days To Die or something like that. Project Zomboid is known for it's realistic approach to situations and i hope the Devs plan to keep it like that.  

I guess I thought this way because it all lies in the fact that everything looks blunt when you start bashing them. Their head doesn't explode, and you don't tear their stomach out. It's not like you're butchering them when you fight. You don't stomp on someone's head, and blood squirt out seven feet from their body like a fountain. Stuff like that is not realistic, and that's what it's like everytime you hit any zombie with anything. Even a frying pan.

In real life, if you broke somebody's head open, outside, on the pavement.. sure, there's be a lot of blood. But not that much. Sure, a big, wide pool.. but not something like what I see. It's not perfect in my eyes, but the suggestion is gentle at best.

Trust me if i took a baseball bat to someone's head. There would be massive amounts of blood. Our bodies are naturally 55% blood and the rest rest water. The blood accounts for 7% of the body's weight. Which amounts to 5 liters or 1.3 gallon of blood.  Now take a zombie body,keep in mind the body is weakening more and more daily because the body would slowly break down and weaken naturally from the acids and bacterias released when you die. As the original Story of PZ states this is actually 3 days into the apocalypse where some zombies would be older than others, And than there would be the fresh ones made in those few hours when you're roaming around looting near neighborhoods. So the zombies bodies would already be breaking down at a fast rate. And from the experience of working hands on in a funeral home helping embalm people has given me the knowledge that in the first 4 hours the muscles would've already broken down the base chemicals yada yada. heres a wiki page to do the talking:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rigor_mortis

to make a long answer short. The body would've weakened at a rate from where if i hit a zed with a baseball bat chunks and limbs would easily fall off or apart from the body. Resulting in more blood spilling out of the body(well more blood than caused from hitting a live animal or person)