Less blood.

Fortport

I'm starting to think that zombies bleed way too much. After killing just a couple close together, it looks like there should be one or two more corpses laying with them, given how much blood is there. Depending on the length of the fight, there can be a large amount of blood for just one zombie. Is it this just me?

I for one enjoy the gore and feel it adds to the atmosphere of the game. The subject matter is gruesome and losing touch of that nature would drive the game towards the PG13 line and to me it is just not fitting. So my opinion contrasts somewhat to yours.

The matter however is simply one of taste so no real point in me reinforcing my standpoint though. :)

No, it is not just you.  First, depending on their age would have largely coagulated.  After much more than several days, there would be none at all.  However, other much more disgusting fluids would be present after that.  I suspect the blood is needed for the horror aspect of it, but having a puss jelly filled Zed explode all over me is surely PTSD moment if ever there was one.  

I for one enjoy the gore and feel it adds to the atmosphere of the game. The subject matter is gruesome and losing touch of that nature would drive the game towards the PG13 line and to me it is just not fitting. So my opinion contrasts somewhat to yours.

The matter however is simply one of taste so no real point in me reinforcing my standpoint though. :)

Less blood doesn't make the game more realistic, to me; I still want some! I might also be saying this because, after killing one zombie, and there's this ridiculous amount of blood.. you can never clean it up. It's there, forever. I know this will probably change in the future, but it drying up soon after it is spilled, or much later on would be nice. A corpse outside in a bloodstain is exposed to the elements, after all.

Well I disagree, to some extent anyway. We have absolutely no way of knowing exactly what the disease could be doing to their blood or their body for that matter. 

Well I disagree, to some extent anyway. We have absolutely no way of knowing exactly what the disease could be doing to their blood or their body for that matter. 

Blood options like those in Serious Sam would be neat, though.

That way if you have an issue with too much "red" blood, why not change to blue? or green? or heck, rainbow!

Or sparkles.

Oh my, how awesome would it be if each zombie would be celebrities and every time they're hit, sparkles would come out from them.

Why not add ballonacorns too!

We NEED hats in this game.

It's necessary to be flashy in an apocalypse at least once.

It would be nice to see blood be more of a hindrance, though.

Instead of "more or less blood", why not blood affecting items and your clothing?

Maybe it'd give more meaning to changing clothes if they're "soaked with blood"

We NEED hats in this game.

It's necessary to be flashy in an apocalypse at least once.

It would be nice to see blood be more of a hindrance, though.

Instead of "more or less blood", why not blood affecting items and your clothing?

Maybe it'd give more meaning to changing clothes if they're "soaked with blood"

I had suggested a costume store so you could dress up in multiplayer. you want to be this you can be this, want to be that you can be that, Just watch for me. I am the square watermelon walking a fish in a suit!

I had suggested a costume store so you could dress up in multiplayer. you want to be this you can be this, want to be that you can be that, Just watch for me. I am the square watermelon walking a fish in a suit!

Okay, I'm ditching my current modding ideas and development for this.

Well, besides functional custom 3d models (and accompanying sprites, textures)

That needs to be done first before costumes.

I NEED to be Ronald McDonald with a big red nose in PZ.

It's a necessity.

My life will never be complete without Ronald McDonald.

I'm starting to think that zombies bleed way too much. After killing just a couple close together, it looks like there should be one or two more corpses laying with them, given how much blood is there. Depending on the length of the fight, there can be a large amount of blood for just one zombie. Is it this just me?

Blood in the game is amazing. People must not think the blood in the human body is miniscule. You ever kill a squirrel? You know how much blood comes out of one? Enough let me just say that.Upon killing a human or "the walking dead" the victim or zed would lose a lot of blood depending on type of injury and how it was caused. For it to be less blood in PZ,we would lose some of the realistic and atmosphere this blood and bodies create us. If you want a game that has less blood play 7 Days To Die or something like that. Project Zomboid is known for it's realistic approach to situations and i hope the Devs plan to keep it like that.  

Blood in the game is amazing. People must not think the blood in the human body is miniscule. You ever kill a squirrel? You know how much blood comes out of one? Enough let me just say that.Upon killing a human or "the walking dead" the victim or zed would lose a lot of blood depending on type of injury and how it was caused. For it to be less blood in PZ,we would lose some of the realistic and atmosphere this blood and bodies create us. If you want a game that has less blood play 7 Days To Die or something like that. Project Zomboid is known for it's realistic approach to situations and i hope the Devs plan to keep it like that.  

I guess I thought this way because it all lies in the fact that everything looks blunt when you start bashing them. Their head doesn't explode, and you don't tear their stomach out. It's not like you're butchering them when you fight. You don't stomp on someone's head, and blood squirt out seven feet from their body like a fountain. Stuff like that is not realistic, and that's what it's like everytime you hit any zombie with anything. Even a frying pan.

In real life, if you broke somebody's head open, outside, on the pavement.. sure, there's be a lot of blood. But not that much. Sure, a big, wide pool.. but not something like what I see. It's not perfect in my eyes, but the suggestion is gentle at best.

All the same, that blood illustrates critical hits, along with the sound effect. It's meant to intuitively provide feedback, as well as exalt the gory nature of the genre.

got to agree with that. I like it how it is now.

but if others don't maybe a "low blood" setting would be suitable.

Maybe not so much lessen the amount of blood but change its brightness. I would like to see blood go gradually darker overtime, not just blood that has already been spilled but darker blood being spilt from older walking corpses. That would be sweet.

Give this man a medal

The amount of blood sometimes is (or at leas was in the last version I played) a little bit too much, not because it's gory or disgusting, it's because the blood seems to depend on the blow and not on the amount of blood left on the body. Sometimes you can find a body without any blood near it and then you can fight a zombie and paint several walls with blood before killing it. 

The amount of blood sometimes is (or at leas was in the last version I played) a little bit too much, not because it's gory or disgusting, it's because the blood seems to depend on the blow and not on the amount of blood left on the body. Sometimes you can find a body without any blood near it and then you can fight a zombie and paint several walls with blood before killing it. 

A hidden point I didn't make very well. I concur.