New Weapon Suggestion (I hope)

Gerodial

Wooden Baseball bats are somewhat common, but if someone has a bat, it is most likely an Aluminum bat.  I live just north of Kentucky in Illinois.  People play a lot of Softball up here, and I suspect it is played even more in Kentucky.  If you play, you own an Aluminum bat.  No one uses wooden ones except people that play Baseball, and those bats are for the most part made for kids.

This is perhaps a stretch, but they also have ceramic bats for training purposes (Ultra lightweight).  They are rare because they are expensive and you can't use them in the actual game.  

Both are indestructible.  The only way to break an aluminum bat is to attempt to break it on purpose, and it is really really hard to do. I do not know of anyone who has broken a ceramic bat. The only reason I bring that up is that there are several items that break in this game that should not.

I understand your point but if you had a never breaking item in the game it would become op. But you are right with that there should be other bats. I have never seen a ceramic one but i am all for the aluminum. But instead of it breaking what if over time it slowly becomes less powerful from dents and bumps and such. It would make it less op for sure.

Wooden Baseball bats are somewhat common, but if someone has a bat, it is most likely an Aluminum bat.  I live just north of Kentucky in Illinois.  People play a lot of Softball up here, and I suspect it is played even more in Kentucky.  If you play, you own an Aluminum bat.  No one uses wooden ones except people that play Baseball, and those bats are for the most part made for kids.

This is perhaps a stretch, but they also have ceramic bats for training purposes (Ultra lightweight).  They are rare because they are expensive and you can't use them in the actual game.  

Both are indestructible.  The only way to break an aluminum bat is to attempt to break it on purpose, and it is really really hard to do. I do not know of anyone who has broken a ceramic bat. The only reason I bring that up is that there are several items that break in this game that should not.

Same here, i live in Kentucky i own two bats actually along with a few firearms. I own an aluminum bat and a louisville slugger wooden bat. The only problem with that is:

I understand your point but if you had a never breaking item in the game it would become op. But you are right with that there should be other bats. I have never seen a ceramic one but i am all for the aluminum. But instead of it breaking what if over time it slowly becomes less powerful from dents and bumps and such. It would make it less op for sure.

And that is where i agree with you, i feel as if i had an aluminum bat i would somewhat be a walking jesus with it. I believe if they put aluminum bats in the game that they should make the durability very long but come at a price..more stamina cost. So then it balances the gameplay out.

I don't think bats made of various different materials would be distinct enough from the standard bat to warrant inclusion, myself. Same argument that applies against having half a dozen different varieties of pistol.

It is necessary to have "dinks" with bats.

Instead of a thud, a dink would be a lot more satisfying.

Suomiboi, you have posted this twice now on both threads I posted.  I understand that there is no such thing as indestructible. Perhaps I should have chosen my words more carefully.

If I were using a crowbar on a safe built by engineers to withstand anything their collective minds could come up with I would not expect my tool to last.  Not really any tool.

However, if I have a solid steel crowbar or aluminum bat into the soft rotting flesh of a zombie, I expect that at the very least it would last more than two days (game time).

I also understand that there needs to be balance for this sort of game.  No lightsabres.

The balance I suggested in another thread is that some things when broken, are not fixable with ductape and wood-glue.  You crack the handle of an axe you need a new handle, you can't really fix it. At least not that I have seen.  You break a crowbar,it is done, you break an aluminum bat, it is done.  In any event it was merely a suggestion.  I love the game.  It was just something that I was thinking about.

Oh and one last thing, the video posted above with the safe.  Crazy.  The guy using the crowbar must be freakishly strong.  I would never have thought that possible until he just twisted and it came apart.  Those wedges shooting out, also insane.  Whoever built that safe wow.  I bet both guys that worked on trying to break it open were exhausted after.

The balance I suggested in another thread is that some things when broken, are not fixable with ductape and wood-glue.  You crack the handle of an axe you need a new handle, you can't really fix it.

Yeah, I'd much rather that reflected reality, as well.

Though anything indestructible is a "no" from the developers. Everything needs to be damaged, perhaps in a way that's faster than in reality, for the sake of game play. As I probably posted in the other thread, once you find a weapon that's neigh-indestructible, unless it's a much of a pain in the ass to use as the sledge hammer, it's going to be the weapon you stick with (for reliability's sake).

I imagine you can dent an aluminum bat by hitting inappropriate, no soft surfaces. It should also be prone to metal fatigue, like most metals, as well. Striking it against doors, missing zombies and striking other objects .etc, surely it's realistic enough to just assume, though it's not reflected by animation, that this must happen?

Suomiboi, you have posted this twice now on both threads I posted.  I understand that there is no such thing as indestructible. Perhaps I should have chosen my words more carefully.

I haven't posted it twice. It was quoted from me by Enigma. I later added to that comment. Your wording was just fine and I probably even notice that it was from the same person. :D I wouldn't repeat myself like that. Not at least on purpose.

I get where you're going but imo for  gameplay reasons the current system is working almost ideally. I used to think that crowbars should be infinite too and made a mod for that myself, but then realized it was much more fun as it is now.