Evil Bats: Stake Bat

vonVile

I just discovered the programmers changed the way crafting works on worn down weapons with versions after 2.9.9.10. When you craft a nailed bat it keeps the old bat's health. It doesn't go back to 10. This change screws up my recipe to make a Stake Bat, which should turn the broken bat into a completely new weapon. Is there a way to craft a weapon and restore the item's meter? Thanx!

hmm I can't think off hand how to do it, would have to be home on the computer, to test stuff out to get it to work.

Too bad the scripting for the bats don't have the ReplaceOnDeplete tag ehh? That way they it could replace with a broken bat item, that could be used by mods to make a new or fixed bat. or just ad that into the game too.. and..

maybe in lua?

I'm pretty sure it still is possible with the scripting, but I have no idea how (I'm looking more into scripts lately though).

You could make a lua script which checks the condition on every hit and simply replaces the bat with your other item. Shouldn't be too much hassle.