maps for newer players in mutiplayer are needed

hawk_za

this is a request to please implement integrated maps as one plays

ask this as i know it was looked at briefly but then i haven't heard much about it since

the reason i bring this up is that i was introducing two new players to the game and the biggest hurdle was trying to get us all together also land marks for the new players when they die and re-spawn are proving very time consuming to learn and the whole situation would be made allot smoother if they at least had a map to go by as currently it proves difficult referring to even north and south as the map is not aligned to the screen as traditional maps would be (w) as north.

its actual w and d key to go north (or the top of the screen) so guiding a new player takes quite a hurdle to explain not to mention frustration on there side

iv resorted to pulling up a old modified map of muldraugh  so they can print it for help and only playing in muldraugh as that is the map i have memorized the best

Just to make sure and in case you don't know, there is this: http://pzmap.crash-override.net/

Ingame maps are planned, but they won't be minimaps or such that will show you your location. It's likely they'll cover an area of the world and you'll have to figure where you are inside that area if at all. Just like with real life maps, not the google one :P

HEY thanks for the super fast reply :-D

Indeed  we are using the pz map project but it requires alt tabing out my game dose not like that at all ad therefor i have to exit my game

also it dose break the flow of play and force you to find a prolonged safety area which i am glad to say is getting harder to do

but it dose with all those factors break the immersion quite badly  :-(

I'm glad to see that from what you say it is planned but i cant help wondering why i did not see it on the list of modiods that indie-stone released stating the goals for which they deem the game complete. :???:

anyhow will post my modified map in spoiler link below if anyone else wants if for muldraugh

http://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=adkBqYNLltuadRuy0ECQ64h4l5k2TGxc

I'm glad to see that from what you say it is planned but i cant help wondering why i did not see it on the list of modiods that indie-stone released stating the goals for which they deem the game complete. :???:

The 1.0 list doesn't include all of the small features that will be added when their time comes. They don't want to make any promises on any specific features. Also 1.0 isn't the end.

The 1.0 list doesn't include all of the small features that will be added when their time comes. They don't want to make any promises on any specific features. Also 1.0 isn't the end.

aha i see