Close the window, your letting the cold in!

Snuggler

While playing through a winter my character was freezing even though I was sheltering in my safe house.

If your sheltering in a house with the doors and windows shut you should be slightly warmer than if you were outside and exposed to the wind, rain and snow.

of course, if there is a window or door left open it is significantly colder. so you would need to go around closing windows and doors and boarding up the broken windows. (you should be doing this anyway. there are Zombies about!)

keeping warm should involve more than just lighting fires and wearing a sweater.

at the moment it seems you are better off outside in winter, at least then you can light a fire...

Great suggestion! But, if we're going to add this.. why not add heaters, too? Make shelters do their job, and shelter against the temperatures.. especially if it has power and you're inhabiting it.

Ideally. I'd love to have something like a kerosene heater in the game, or a alcohol stove  . . . or actual wood stoves/fireplaces .etc

Great suggestion! But, if we're going to add this.. why not add heaters, too? Make shelters do their job, and shelter against the temperatures.. especially if it has power and you're inhabiting it.

Ideally. I'd love to have something like a kerosene heater in the game, or a alcohol stove  . . . or actual wood stoves/fireplaces .etc

Mhm! It adds just one more great mechanic to the game that sucks you in. Imagine coming home, shivering, to be greeted with toasty warmness and lights; all thanks to your fireplace you piled up on, inside, this afternoon. So the power goes out, and you still have the fireplace! Crackling ambience so your house doesn't feel completely lifeless and dead, as well. Wood stoves in homes, out in the country. Fireplaces for brick houses on the outskirts of an urban society. Stuff like that.

Just like my sound suggestion, with buzzing lights and idle fridges. This is great.

Yeah something for producing heat indoors, that will not make the curtains catch on fire would be awesome.

I can imagine a cozy winter day sitting in a shelter by a "field/camp kitchen" (don't know the correct name, I'm Swedish) cooking chicken soup inside, wearing winter jacket and boots and giving the leftovers to the dog. :)

Yeah something for producing heat indoors, that will not make the curtains catch on fire would be awesome.

I can imagine a cozy winter day sitting in a shelter by a "field/camp kitchen" (don't know the correct name, I'm Swedish) cooking chicken soup inside, wearing winter jacket and boots and giving the leftovers to the dog. :)

All the more wonderful simulation stuff! GIMME MOAR. FEELS SO GOOD ON MAH BODEH.

Haha yeah but seriously I think stuff like this could add to the whole feeling of the game. Maybe similar with "This war of mine". It has that feeling I'm imagining for PZ, if they added more personal things like these. It'd make the game a lot more amazing :)

Another wonderful thing the devs need to consider, mhm.