Visual representation of "charging" attacks.

Fortport

I agree it's easy to miss this part of the game, though I'd hate an indicator or a sound every time you get fully charged. I'd rather see a map of the controls, easy accessible, included with the tutorial in game. If there was to be an indicator in game, I'd prefer if it was just an extra animation (maybe the character brings the baseball bat slowly back, and stops when fully charged).

I agree it's easy to miss this part of the game, though I'd hate an indicator or a sound every time you get fully charged. I'd rather see a map of the controls, easy accessible, included with the tutorial in game. If there was to be an indicator in game, I'd prefer if it was just an extra animation (maybe the character brings the baseball bat slowly back, and stops when fully charged).

Read my first, original post, please! That's exactly what I asked for, and I explained everything there.

Sorry man, I don't know how I could miss that :P I guess I continued to read a few of the other suggestions and just plain forgot this. I completely agree with this.

Goody!

Now to wait until a developer notices, reads the first post, and voices their opinion. Yes. menacingly wrenches hands

I agree it's easy to miss ...

Read my first, original post, please! That's exactly what I asked for, and I explained everything there.

This made me giggle.

WONDERFULLY IRONIC, ISN'T IT OLD CHAP? YOU SAY IT'S EASY TO MISS? POPPYCOCK. (tophat)

*EDIT

---------

I added big, bold text to the very first post to ensure that it doesn't happen again.

I agree it's easy to miss ...

This made me giggle.

WONDERFULLY IRONIC, ISN'T IT OLD CHAP? YOU SAY IT'S EASY TO MISS? POPPYCOCK. (tophat)

*EDIT

---------

I added big, bold text to the very first post to ensure that it doesn't happen again.

People won't read it though. Can you add an interactive tutorial, or some sort of visual or audio indicator that would get the point across ;)

Yeah you wanna hear the same sound every time you charge your weapon? I sure don't.. I can imagine a growing headache after a while.. Visual indicators would ruin the immersion of this game. I don't want bullet counters, health bars, mini maps or indicators for PZ. Fortports first suggestion is good as it is.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's an idea that ties into the "Unique Animation" thing.

Has anyone here played "Might & Magic: Dark Messiah"?

That game had a unique combat mechanic, one of my personal favorites.

Yes, you could mash the attack button, and yes you could block. But if you moved in a specific direction and held down the attack button, it would prepare one of four unique heavy attacks, with a unique animation for each attack! Bear in mind, once you had the heavy attack primed, you could move around all you wanted, and the only way to un-prime the attack was holding the block button.

That would be kinda cool for this! Assume for a moment that the player is looking at the zed:

Step Left/Right + Charge: Heavy Attack Left/Right, higher Accuracy would improve damage to multiple targets.

(Animation: Player holds the weapon off to the left or right)

Step Towards + Charge: Player takes one step forward and attacks targets head with a downward swing

(Animation: Similar to the "Right Charge" attack, only this animation would bring the weapon down with an overhead movement, as if the player was chopping wood.)

Step Away + Charge: Player attacks targets head with a swift thrust (would finally make fighting with a knife worthwhile!)

(Animation: Exactly what the attack description says, holding the knife at the ready, then a quick thrust towards the target)

However, if these animations and combat moves were implemented, then it would require modifying/out-and-out changing the current attack poses/animations. Instead of just having them hold their selected melee weapon at the ready, either stab attack or over-the-shoulder swing, they would hold the weapon infront of them, arms slightly cocked, ready to swing or defend. Also, Heavy Attacks should probably cause the attacker to tire faster.

BRAIN BLAST: What if there was a stat on the Skills page called "Endurance"? This would be your ability to swing One or Two-handed weapons longer and faster! (leveled by swinging with the weapon in question) I dream of the day I can swing the sledgehammer four times in a row when I'm NOT taking down a wall!

Oh, and blocking with a melee weapon should only be feasable with a two-handed weapon. I mean, who blocks with a knife?!