School Sucks!-do you agree?

Avenger

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least you have free will in uni/college.

I wish the guy sitting next to me on the bus would stop looking at my phone.

Also the only sport I like is swimming which puts me at a disadvantage since the popular droogs are doing the crappy popular sports

Swimming is the best sport.

Don't agree. If anything, i wish I took it more seriously when I was younger.

If you had asked me this, oh, 13-14 years ago, back when I was just starting high school, I probably would have agreed.

And really, if you don't have the high school background, guess what: that free will at university/college vanishes, stuffing you into basic courses and dead-ending you from more interesting programs.

go ahead and slack off in school. i did, and for the past 25 years i've been stuck working at car dealerships, watching my friends who cared about school succeed in life. but i'm sure there was no actual correlation there, just random coincidence, right?

education is your future. want to have a nice house, good job, beautiful wife?

best chance for all 3 is to have the education that will get you there.

I hated school since...

Oh wait, I still hate school. :D

I spent more time playing arcade game in pub than at school.. Please, don't follow my example :P Unfortunatly school/grades are very important to get a job, trust me, I have a tons of friends back then who never done anything in school (idk how, but even not going to school i managed to have good grades :/) and now they're struggle getting a job, or stuck in a bad pay/boring job...

Really tough to understand that as a teenager, but without this, the rest of your life will totally suck !

Try waking every morning at 6am to get to work to earn cash that instantly gets spent on bills on a flat you can barely afford and a young kid that acts like a financial event horizon point whilst simultaneously trying to start a business that you can't fund so that you are forced into dodgy deals with guys/gals who you are forced to trust won't screw you and having to buy food, cook, clean and having to calm your emotional partner because she's worried that there's no cash for our upcoming marriage and certainly none for the honeymoon and all the while your folks are getting older and they haven't saved any cash so you'll be forced to pay for care for them which you certainly can't afford and this forces you to take a data entry job at home so you are up till 2am every night only to begin the same round of horror 4 hours later. 

JUST SHUT UP AND ENJOY SCHOOL WHILE IT LASTS

@Keepbro  Jesus, dude.

---------------------------------

You're allot better off just sucking it up and attending, putting your work in and getting the best grade possible.

Also, don't fuck yourself over for you mates like I did. I ended up loosing a distinction because I helped my mates too much.

Sorry sorry - on an unrelated note my meds have just kicked in

You just posted a kitten.

Kittens are the disguise for kitchens.

Keepbro is a kitchenbot, evacuate general discussion immediately.

wat

Gastone Area FlatPack Kittens On Sale $500 And Up!

I wonder if that post still exists.... 

Swimming is the best sport.

Apologies for the totally unrelated thing, but this just reminded me so hard of 50% off. I... I had the strangest urge to ask you if you have ever tried to swim in a fish tank before.

On topic:

I did well in school, until I realized that with No Child Left Behind, my efforts were absolutely meaningless. I cared less and passed with average grades. So school was terrible. But~ you said you don't live in the US so that doesn't apply to you. Either way, school has its uses. It teaches you exactly how people are and probably will be for the rest of your life. 98% of them are rude donkeyhats who believe that they own the world and they look...

Oh my god...

I'm becoming my cynical old grandmother....

(T_T)

In general, with very few exceptions

The people who did better than me at school have better jobs

The people who did worse than me have worse jobs

The people who did about the same as me have similar jobs

So yeah, suck it up for a few years and you can reap the benefits for a few decades.

STUDY FRENCH GOOOOO

Omelette du fromage !

Le baguette !

Paris !

You're done, 25/20.

Yeah, but, that doesn't even cover pleasantries, like Ca va, or utterly awesome words like your word for rain, pluie. That is just the best sounding word for rain in the entire world.

STUDY FRENCH GOOOOO

Omelette du fromage !

Le baguette !

Paris !

You're done, 25/20.

I got through just pointing at things I wanted in France.

Except at Starbucks, but it was more or less okay for me to speak English there due to being in Paris.

On topic:

I am not a big fan of school, however I do not think it sucks.

I had a crap time in school, but it was made better by starting up clubs and making friendships with teachers instead of being just a student.

Since I had to work after schools until the early AM, I usually slept in certain classes to make up for lack of rest. My teachers were cool with this because I studied, got high test scores, and participated in class when I was able to.

It all boils down to how you spend it.

If you're going to school to just go to your classes and consider that it sucks, you're doing it wrong.

Make the most out of it. Spend an extra hour in a club at your school, or spend 2 minutes after class talking to your teacher about something interesting.

If tests are your hardest part, treat them as review. I always treated tests as review of what I knew, and if I didn't know enough to do well on the test, I'd just study the whole subject with another method. It's mostly trial and error, keep on trying new things. Better to fail and figure out what works for you, then to do average and move on with it.