Defenses

taha

Every Z movie I saw, and every game I've played suffered by the same lack of defense management.

The most basic things:

1. Moats

2. Spiked fences (well, I saw them In Walking Dead and The Last of Us but is not like they were used like a real obstacle, just like they had extra wood and built them as barricades)

fence.jpg

3. Weight and log traps, hole with spikes traps, etc

Those are really simple defenses, and they are are like 1000 years old.  Yet, the survivors in most movies and games seem to ignore them, without reason, because they are effective, easy to build and really cheap resource wise.

Now, in our game, our survivors are skilled enough to make beds and tables with drawers but they can't tie a couple of sharpened logs together... or dig a moat. Maybe someone can look into this mystery :P

That's a really great idea. At first at thought sand and gravel bags barricades were used to hold zombies, but they can simply jump thought them, I thought the barbed fence would deal damage to them but it doesn't. This kind of fence would be the in between of a fence and wall, would definitely help to protect a whole street or safehouse.

Was not really a suggestion, more like a rant / frustration :)

When you watch a movie and see the so-called survivors acting like the rescue team is around the corner and only scavenging for food or water, always shooting last bullets then run like hell... you can't stop asking if the stupidity is THE requirement for survival.

I mean, we all are "educated" in zombie survival, after so many movies, games and so on.

Really, a 2-2.5 meter deep moat, a spiked fence barrier, (maybe a net fence too for 100% safety) and a couple of spears is all you need to keep zombies at bay. If you want to be nasty, you can add spikes on the bottom of the moat.

In order to make all that, you only need a shovel (to dig the moat), an axe (to cut the trees and sharpen the logs) and sheet rope (to tie the logs together).

If (and is a big "if" according to what we call "zombie lore" - they cant climb, they cant jump, they cant work together) a zed manages to climb out from the moat, will be stuck / impaled in the spiked barrier, and you can thrust a spear in it from a safe distance. Is not really rocket science, lol :)

But that would be too simple I guess.

Bleah, I'm ranting again. Sorry.

Archived