The humans and any other animals you choose to put into the game should leave blood trails when we're critically injured. 

Depending on how bad you're bleeding, and how fast you're moving will define how bad the blood spill will be.  Which will be a must if we're going to hunt wild animals, that we'd immediately lose as soon as they run out of our viewing distance.  But with a blood trail, we have a way of tracking them, and finding where they collapsed. 

We can save on bullets, as long as you're good at hitting vital areas, or are at least good at critically injuring whatever you hit. 

But the zombies shouldn't leave blood trails, they should only leave the blood you whack or shoot off them off of them.  Except for the running zombies, they haven't been stricken with rigamortis yet.  So the runners should just bleed everywhere.  Besides it's not like you're gonna have the time to be tracking when you're running from runners. 

And oh yeah, the zombies should be more bloody on a daily basis.  Hell, there should be more blood everywhere on a daily basis. 

But that's all, I'm still loving the game so far.  I love you all, peace.  

Ok here are my opinions.

1. They do have blood trails in build 30 but not as big as what you are saying. 

2. The debate over blood is going on so that's on another forum.

3. Hunting isn't added yet but i like the idea of blood trails for it.

Anyway don't give up and these are just my opinions. Best of Luck!