Minor Erosion Suggestions

Moose65

So I noticed that, unfortunately, vines neither block vision or hinder movement when they creep over windows. I think they should honestly do both. This could be used for tactical purposes and could also pose a major threat.

You could allow vines to grow over windows that you don't care about, making your safe house seemed abandoned while at the same time providing a natural layer of protection, since nobody can see in, and if people/zombies attempt to climb in it would slow them (or, if the growth was thick enough, outright block movement in and out).

On the other hand, it adds a much needed element of danger. You would never know if there are zombies inside a house that had been overtaken by growth, forcing you to manually (and noisily) remove the growth from windows, unless you plan to jump in blindly.

Also, currently you can remove vine growth without any tools. I think at least a blade should be required in the future, or make it take much longer to remove without some kind of cutting tool.

Another thing I would like to see is for the possibility for vines to overtake even the doors of houses, forcing you to remove it before being able to open it.

All in all I'm impressed with the addition of erosion, and it adds some very much needed flavor and differentiation to the game. I think there is a lot of things that could be expanded on though involving it, and look forward to whats in store for it in the future.

So I noticed that, unfortunately, vines neither block vision or hinder movement when they creep over windows. I think they should honestly do both. This could be used for tactical purposes and could also pose a major threat.

You could allow vines to grow over windows that you don't care about, making your safe house seemed abandoned while at the same time providing a natural layer of protection, since nobody can see in, and if people/zombies attempt to climb in it would slow them (or, if the growth was thick enough, outright block movement in and out).

On the other hand, it adds a much needed element of danger. You would never know if there are zombies inside a house that had been overtaken by growth, forcing you to manually (and noisily) remove the growth from windows, unless you plan to jump in blindly.

Also, currently you can remove vine growth without any tools. I think at least a blade should be required in the future, or make it take much longer to remove without some kind of cutting tool.

Another thing I would like to see is for the possibility for vines to overtake even the doors of houses, forcing you to remove it before being able to open it.

All in all I'm impressed with the addition of erosion, and it adds some very much needed flavor and differentiation to the game. I think there is a lot of things that could be expanded on though involving it, and look forward to whats in store for it in the future.

I agree. But I don't think they should be able to grow to the point of preventing movement entirely.

I agree. But I don't think they should be able to grow to the point of preventing movement entirely.

Just like slowing down entry into buildings right?

Just like slowing down entry into buildings right?

Yes.

Naturally, you need around 3-4 years for wild vines to grow that much – to cover the window entirely to prevent the movement in and out… same with doors….

After all, its Muldraugh, Kentucky, not the Amazon jungle….

Kudzu is a foreign vine plant in south eastern USA that can grow 30cm a day.

Even if they did block movement, you could still cut them away. Even a new character on a fully looted server could forage for a chipped stone to do that.